Ricky Bobby

First Firearm!

photo1.jpg[/img]

I'm proud to say I am the owner of firearm! Man it just feels good. I picked up a Px4 storm compact 9mm. This is my first gun. I haven't gone to the range yet because I definitely wanna take some classes first or at least go with my brother in law who knows what he's doing but I can't wait! Shore Shot is the closest range to me so hopefully i'll see some of you guys down there soon! Trying to post a pic from my cell so hopefully it works

Edit. guess the pic didn't work haha

post-2846-0-72016700-1313797328_thumb.jpg

Px4 was my first gun as well its definitely good times, just remember if you go to SS tell them your a NJGF member and you get a discount on range fee. This is my opinion and others may disagree, I don't feel pistol classes are necessarily needed as far as basic shooting goes.Of course safety is most important and if you never really shot before and or feel that you dont understand or dont know the rules of safety with operating a gun then a course may be for you. When I started before I bought my px4 I rented a few guns and also got a little 10 minute course from the range about proper grip and basic safety. Such as never point a gun in anyone's direction, always assume a guns loaded, always check gun when you finish shooting to make sure gun is empty, always check a gun someone hands you to make sure it is empty. Depending on when you go to shoot, if you want someone to meet up with you to show you some basics let me know and Ill see if I can make it out im sure some other guys on here will offer you the same help.

Any reason you went with a compact for your first gun?

I actually did a price request on the forum and got some great deals for the full size but nobody took Amex. Would have been nice to support a vendor from the forum. My permit was gonna expire in 2 days and I had already done an extension. I found a place that had the compact in stock. It felt good in my hands so i went for it. Also liked that it came with 3 15rnd mags instead of 10rnd mags. I know the proper thing to do was test out a few guns and see what I liked but I just waited to long. I read a lot of good things about the compact on the Beretta forum so I'm not too worried.

Thanks for the advice Anthony. I would definitely feel more comfortable going with someone to the range for my first time. Not sure how they operate but I didn't want them to have to babysit me the whole time so to speak.

Any reason you went with a compact for your first gun?

I actually did a price request on the forum and got some great deals for the full size but nobody took Amex. Would have been nice to support a vendor from the forum. My permit was gonna expire in 2 days and I had already done an extension. I found a place that had the compact in stock. It felt good in my hands so i went for it. Also liked that it came with 3 15rnd mags instead of 10rnd mags. I know the proper thing to do was test out a few guns and see what I liked but I just waited to long. I read a lot of good things about the compact on the Beretta forum so I'm not too worried.

Thanks for the advice Anthony. I would definitely feel more comfortable going with someone to the range for my first time. Not sure how they operate but I didn't want them to have to babysit me the whole time so to speak.

I really wanted a nice 1911 for my first gun but it was a little out if my price range. I ended up getting the beretta m9 25th anniversary edition. Great looking gun, accurate, no failures so far, feels nice and heavy. I like it alot.

I want my 1911 though!

I really wanted a nice 1911 for my first gun but it was a little out if my price range. I ended up getting the beretta m9 25th anniversary edition. Great looking gun, accurate, no failures so far, feels nice and heavy. I like it alot.

I want my 1911 though!

Might want to check out the RAI 1911's:

RAI 1911 9mm

RAI 1911 40S&W

Harry

I did check those out. Not bad but pretty basic. I was looking at a limber custom II or colt commander.

Regardless of what you want to get and I know Kimber does make some nice looking guns, but do yourself a favor, try and shoot what ever gun you are looking to buy, some look great but shoot like crap for some people, great for others and that is true with the 1911 platform also.

Harry

Congrats on the purchase. I picked up my first gun two weeks ago, a full size PX4. The dealer I purchased mine from had both the compact and full size in stock so I got to hold both. I ended up picking the full size, just because it felt a little better in my hand. I went to the range the past two weekends and put about 250 rounds through it with no problems. It's an awesome gun, and I'm sure the compact is just as good.