TheMan

HP discontinuing HP touchpads

hello brothers. i figured id let you all know about this sick deal. hp is discontinuing their touchpad due to Apple taking over the PC and Tablet industry. the 16GB which is originally 499.99 is only $99.99 and the 32GB which is 599.99 is only $149.99. This is not BS i just found out about it looking on yahoo. Ive been to every site that sells them and they seem to be sold out everywhere. If anyone happens to see them anywhere and they have them in stock please pick one up for me and ill give you the cash. I will do the same if you cant find in your area and are interested. Thanks

wondering if local stores might have them.

Just one small thing, HP getting out of PC business is not exactly true, they are spinning that business off. Furthermore, it has very very little to do with Apple. Even when I worked at HP 8 years ago, the average markup on a PC was about $25. I imagine the margins now are alot lower, if there at all.

The typical Apple computer, I would venture is twice the price point. Your typical HP PC buyer, is not your average Apple buyer. The bread and butter for HP has always been the Imaging department (printers). I do wonder if the Compaq brand will still be around.

very true but for $99-$149 nnot bad at all.

+1. And there's lots of talk of Honeycomb being ported to the Touchpad. So, 99-150 bux for a decent tablet isn't bad at all. Yeah, you're sh*t out of luck if you end up having problems with it, but at that price, it's almost worth the risk.

Best Buy had them at the discounted price, but they're pretty much sold out. If you happen to live near a Best Buy that doesn't get a lot of foot traffic, it might be worth dropping in to see if they have any left.

Just one small thing, HP getting out of PC business is not exactly true, they are spinning that business off. Furthermore, it has very very little to do with Apple. Even when I worked at HP 8 years ago, the average markup on a PC was about $25. I imagine the margins now are alot lower, if there at all.

The typical Apple computer, I would venture is twice the price point. Your typical HP PC buyer, is not your average Apple buyer. The bread and butter for HP has always been the Imaging department (printers). I do wonder if the Compaq brand will still be around.

Called everywhere maks, no luck. I wish stores would have set a purchasing limit. Best buy in west long brach said one guy purchased 10. Bet hes selling them for a few hundred bucks right now.

I missed it. :(

There might still be a few more in the supply chain but I'm not hopeful. I read that BestBuy had 200,000 in their inventory before the price slash. Newegg is out of stock and they didn't even slash their prices.

I went to every store that would carry them within 30 miles of me everyone said they were out of their stocks by Monday and the best buy by me said Tuesday morning everything was gone in a hour of opening. I believe alot of the retail companies sent their supplies of them back to hp and as hp gets them in warehouse the site will update they have them in so I have been camping the site most of the day.

Nick I was really hoping you had a magical site that had them on this one, you usually find the good deals.

I found them on insight.com yesterday. Took 30+ minutes of reloading to actually get it into my cart cuz the site was getting slammed with requests. About 10 minutes after I placed my order, they seem to have sold out. I've gotten the order confirmation, but nothing else since then. The order status on their site says expected delivery is Sept. 6th. I'm expecting an email saying there was a mistake and that my order has been canceled, but maybe I'll get lucky.

Either way, I think the best bet is going to be shopping.HP.com that was linked to above.

Ok guys so i posted a couple of adds on craigslist basically letting anyone selling a hp touch know that i will buy from them for a reasonable price. While browsing someone else posted a wanted add i thought was pretty funny.

check it out here. Just for a few laughs!

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/ele/2563750969.html

I just bit the bullet so to speak and bought one on ebay for $200, hp website will be getting them in again and I have been camping the site if I catch them selling more im gonna try to pick up one of two if possible. You should should keep a eye open there.

I just bit the bullet so to speak and bought one on ebay for $200, hp website will be getting them in again and I have been camping the site if I catch them selling more im gonna try to pick up one of two if possible. You should should keep a eye open there.

Hey anthony did you get the 16gb or 32gb?

I just found this you guys might be interested $210 free shipping they have about 200+ tablets left

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-TouchPad-16GB-Wi-Fi-9-7in-Black-HOT-PRICE-/160642617767?pt=US_Tablets&hash=item25670bd1a7

Says item isnt availiable or no longer for sale