YankeeFan

Today is day 30...

...I wonder how much longer I'll have to wait. Funny how they strictly enforce the whole OGAM thing, but could give a rat's a** about the 30-day period for getting the permits completed.

I would call them on Monday. Gives them a few extra days so there will be less excuses.

Is it really a LAW or a Guideline??

Harry

New Jersey Statutes

Title 2C The New Jersey Code of Criminal Justice

2C:58-3 Purchase of firearms.

f. Granting of permit or identification card; fee; term; renewal; revocation. The application for the permit to purchase a handgun together with a fee of $2, or the application for the firearms purchaser identification card together with a fee of $5, shall be delivered or forwarded to the licensing authority who shall investigate the same and, unless good cause for the denial thereof appears,
shall grant the permit or the identification card, or both, if application has been made therefor, within 30 days from the date of receipt of the application
for residents of this State and within 45 days for nonresident applicants.

I'm no lawyer, but I can read and I'd say it's a law, and not a guideline...

I'd be on the phone everyday pestering them..."is it done yet?" They can't deny you.

That's when they laugh and say "guess we gotta put your file on the bottem of the pile, HAHAHA!" I'm quiet and polite when I go in thur, I act like an @$$ on hur

Yeah, I'm quite the model of civility when I politely inquire about the delay in getting my PP's from the Bayonne P.D. too. There's a couple of nice, helpful detectives in there, but also one or two real pr*cks who take sadistic pleasure in both putting roadblocks up on you ("refs aren't back", which was BS, as both of mine told me they turned theirs' around the same day; "your work didn't respond to employment verification", which was another lie, as they did--and on the same day requested), and in lying to you. When I finally had enough and gave them one more call four months after submitting paperwork, they told me "We tried calling you two weeks ago to come pick them up". Nice try, but I've got voice mail, Caller I.D., and an answering machine, and no one ever called. Then they compounded that lie by saying they mailed a letter advising the permits were ready to be picked up. Another rash of bulls*it. In this town contacting the mayor's office (he's the former C.O.P., by the way) would only exacerbate any existing issues I have with a couple of the cops in that office, so...

Old Bridge..92 days..still waiting

Really? Is this just for PP's or FID as well? I put my PP's apps in a month ago and really don't feel like waiting 2 more months. In the past, they have only taken about 6 weeks for PP's. My FID and first PP took about 90 days though.

That's when they laugh and say "guess we gotta put your file on the bottem of the pile, HAHAHA!" I'm quiet and polite when I go in thur, I act like an @$$ on hur

Can be polite and still call everyday...