matty

Nic-er 1911s

Counting my chickens perhaps, but whenever I get this round of P2Ps I will be looking to try & buy from forumsters first. This is NOT a WTB now. I wil post that when the paperwork's in my hand.

Will be looking for a BHP, a higher end 1911 (Smith Pro or equiv) and an older blued wheelgun in .38 or .357.

Anyway, I have an RIA 1911 that I like and am keeping, but other than the SmithPro, what other nicer 1911s in the $750-1500 price range are out there that people like?

There is a used S&W Model 28 (357mag) at Shore Shot. See the hot deals section. it is my favorite 357mag revolver model.

I just got a Browning HiPower recently and really enjoy shooting it. After handling JonF's STI 1911, I would get one myself.

At under $1500, how about a Springfield TRP or STI Trojan?

Springfields are nice, however the Base STI's are still a tad rough around the edges.

the beauty of the smith Pro series, is that you are getting a hand fitted gun, at a production gun price. I have yet to meet an owner of a Pro Series that does not like their gun.

The 1911 Pro Series in 9mm, for $1200, has a hand worked trigger by Smith & Wesson performance shop, resulting in a really clean brake at 4lbs, a mini mag chute, and wilson combat mags. It is the one gun out of all I have, that I would not sell.