tanghan

My first AR 15 build

specs:

Primary Weapons Systems PWS_FSC556 muzzle brake

Daniel Defense V5 LW 5.56/.223 URG (Upper Receiver Group)

Magpul Industries Generation 2 MBUS Sight

Aimpoint CompM2 red dot

Mega Billet Lower - GTR-3S

Rock River Lower Parts Kit Single Stage Trigger AR0120  

JP AR-15 REDUCED POWER SPRING KIT  

Magpul MOE grip FDE 

DPMS Black Buffer Tube CS09DOD with H-buffer

Noveske QD End Plate

Mako Stock Black Cheek Riser Internal Shock Absorber AR Rifles GL-SHOCKCP

midwestpx Curved "Stubby" PMAG - FDE

----------------------------------------------------------

PK90 welded the muzzle brake for me. It seems PWS_FSC556 is too hard to drill. So he just welded it directly to the barrel. Can't be more permanent that that, can it?

Happy holiday to all!

post-3440-0-48411500-1318161858_thumb.jpg

post-3440-0-88449100-1318161869_thumb.jpg

post-3440-0-11279200-1318161878_thumb.jpg

post-3440-0-48691700-1318161886_thumb.jpg

Yes it is backward. Just trying to stay away from the heat as far as possible since it's plastic. No obvious difference for a new guy like me when aim through it.

It's hard to tell because of the pictures, but I think you have your front site mounted backwards.

Should look like this:

Magpul_MBUS_Front_AR-15_Sight_GEN_2-A.jpg

I haven't shot it yet. just trying to be safe. It's about 3-in from the front end of the rail to the gas black. How much is enough? I'll definitely flip it back if it's not an issue.

Good job, you used a nice selection of parts there. Just curious , what heat are you worried about with the front sight? That DD rail free-floats away from the gasblock.

I haven't shot it yet. just trying to be safe. It's about 3-in from the front end of the rail to the gas black. How much is enough? I'll definitely flip it back if it's not an issue.

If it's free float, you'll be fine. My front sight is on a low profile gas block so it gets the heat directly from the gas block/barrel. I'd probably melt a Magpul.

As Krdshrk said, you can put it anywhere on the freefloat rail. I have a DD LR also, and I have a poly sight right above where the gas block is under the rail. I put my hand near that all day long and it never gets hot enough to even hurt a little. Your poly sight is fine. Only time you have to worry is if you are using a gas block with a rail machined into it, where you mount the sight directly on the block...