oneshot

why cant i post in market place?

I won't tell you how to spend your money, but I would imagine a membership here would be the most cost effective way to advertise your gun to a very directed audience. My other suggestion might be to bring it to a gun shop and try to sell on consignment. I know the used guns come and go pretty quickly at Shore Shot Pistol Range in Lakewood.

It's going to be hard to beat $3 for a month of advertising space most anywhere.

I had something to sell. For free I could get craigslist, gunbroker, or put on a yard sale. I like free, but I still paid the $3.

you guys should sell cars lol.. ill give it some thought .thanks.I'll manage this time..

na, a car salesman would point out that the 3$ goes towards supporting the forum you've been a member of since July.

• Like 2

As what they all said.

$3/m for a membership to support a good cause.

Less than 10 cents a day, and far less than what it would cost you in gas to go sell it at the store.

The marketplace is a thank you to those that support the forum and to prevent it from becoming a dumping ground for people whom have absolutely no interest in our little community.

The vast majority of items sell very quickly with a few people just hitting refresh every few minutes to grab up CSJ's latest deal.

Some items go under a minute of when they are listed.

• Like 1

na, a car salesman would point out that the 3$ goes towards supporting the forum you've been a member of since July.

lighten up dude it was a joke .. im not your wife or your kid, be careful how you address people. I asked a simple friggen question and i get bombarded with this BS.. Who the frig is anyone on here to say what someone else can afford!?!?

Some people dont have 3 extra dollars a month.. Have you considered that not everyone is as fortunate as you big guy? You come on here to bust peoples balls ? make you feel big?Ill leave your forum.. There are others

• Like 3

lighten up dude it was a joke .. im not your wife or your kid, be careful how you address people. I asked a simple friggen question and i get bombarded with this BS.. Who the frig is anyone on here to say what someone else can afford!?!?

Some people dont have 3 extra dollars a month.. Have you considered that not everyone is as fortunate as you big guy? You come on here to bust peoples balls ? make you feel big?Ill leave your forum.. There are others

Perhaps you are the one who needs to lighten up. madmnk78's post may have been blunt, but I don't think it warranted getting your panties in a bunch. If you are that thin-skinned, then you will not enjoy your time here.

• Like 2

I'm sorry you took insult at my comment. While it may have come across as blunt, it was not an attempt to denigrate you in any way, or make any sort of statement as to what you can or can not afford.

Even if we treat this as simply a business/mathematical proposition.. not counting the community and good things that the extra money is donated too...

IMO, this forum is the best cost/benefit ratio to sell your stuff.

Gunbroker Takes a Percentage (which could easily be WAY more than the $30 per year depending on the value of your stuff), craigslist doesnt let you post guns, ebay.. nope.. I guess you could go about wasting time joining forums that you'll never want to post on.. but is it worth the time? And oh yeah.. you have to then either bring your stuff to an FFL and pay him $30 Transfer plus shipping, or spend your time packing stuff up and then bring it to UPS.. (You know how much time that stuff really takes?) Not to mention, boxes, tape, Labels, Gas to get there, and your time for standing in line.. You have such a concentrated customer base here..

just saying...

I'll go back to my cave now

• Like 2

With that type of response you might want to look in the mirror and see how you address people.

As far as some people may not be able to afford 3 dollars to sell stuff, well my first thought is what they heck are you doing here, you should be out making money so you can afford the 3 bucks.

Just something to think about after reading all the posts up to your comment.

Harry

• Like 1

oh ok.. well im selling stuff because i need the money so i wont be a paying member anytime soon . Thanks

$3 smackers isnt alot of money for 1 month. just pay $9 bucks and you will 3 months of worry free premium membership benefits.

Thanks guys.

OP, better yet, if you read some of my posts, you could of just try to send me a PM, explain your situation and would of most likely let you list the stuff anyway, that is once again if $3 is the difference between life and death.

(in the almost three years, no one has done that, iirc)

• Like 1

Hell, I'll give you $3 to be a premium member. I'd have done it myself if I wasn't lazy. Hell, maybe I'll pay for your premium membership, and you can give me one of the guns you want to sell XD. Jk, but yeah, stuff goes fast on here, I hardly have money, but I ALWAYS look, and when I see something I know another FID holder would want, I send a link.

Ugh i havent been keeping up with this forum.. Ok i lied, i have the 3 bucks a month,however when i feel im being strong armed to do something ,i get defensive. I generally do what i want when i want. I dont play well with others, im a bad example for children and i curse like 10 truck drivers. That being said, This all started out of me asking a simple question,to which i got some long winded answers. Had i done some research im sure i would have found the answer without inccurring the onslaught.. Ok where do i pay? Ugh you M effers

BTW im not selling any of my guns,every one is going in the cooker with me when i croak.

BTW im not selling any of my guns,every one is going in the cooker with me when i croak.

I like that. Will the crematorium get hot enough to melt my guns? Maybe ARs and tactical tupperware. The hell with my heirs.

:)