Souljah523

Another example why we should have CCW in NJ

These stupid ****** people, they both should go down for attempted murder and spend the rest of their lives in prison, or better yet - doesn't texas still have the chair? i vote that.

If your gonna rob the place, go in and demand the money... These a** hats run into the place and immdeiately start shooting the clerks, unbelievable.

These stupid ****** people, they both should go down for attempted murder and spend the rest of their lives in prison, or better yet - doesn't texas still have the chair? i vote that.

If your gonna rob the place, go in and demand the money... These a** hats run into the place and immdeiately start shooting the clerks, unbelievable.

Agree totally! "A**hats" is way too kind a word for them. I'm thinking more like "contemptuous SOB's" or "murderous ba*tards." I was going to say that in NJ, those clerks would have been killed; but in fact, one is allowed to keep a firearm at a place of business. I'm considering doing that, but have not yet gotten around to it. Sure hope I do so before it's too late.

Happens pretty often down here. Stories fairly regularly.

In fact, a few years back someone shot a burglar he saw in his neighbor's house at night, with a rifle as they were leaving with his neighbor's stuff. Guess what, no indictment. The Black Panthers tried to protest down the street and got run out by a bunch of neighborhood people with guns who outnumbered them.

Down here you can legally shoot people for the following (Section 9.32 of Texas Penal code, summarized):

to protect yourself or someone else from...

- aggravated kidnapping,

- murder,

- aggravated robbery,

- robbery,

- aggravated sexual assault

- sexual assault

to protect your property from...

- aggravated robbery,

- arson,

- burglary,

- criminal mischief during the night or

- theft at night.

Deadly force may also be used to prevent the person who has committed the criminal act from fleeing with the property.

Additionally, if it's a clean shoot the victim can not recover any damages in civil court. They reap what they sow.

It's not all good though. We are one of the only states that dont allow open carry of handguns, and there's still no carry on campus. We're working on it though. We're also rooting for y'all to get real CCW!

In fact, a few years back someone shot a burglar he saw in his neighbor's house at night, with a rifle as they were leaving with his neighbor's stuff. Guess what, no indictment. The Black Panthers tried to protest down the street and got run out by a bunch of neighborhood people with guns who outnumbered them.

Down here you can legally shoot people for the following (Section 9.32 of Texas Penal code, summarized):

- aggravated kidnapping,

- murder,

- aggravated robbery,

- robbery,

- sexual assault

- aggravated robbery,

- arson,

- burglary,

- theft at night.

Deadly force may also be used to prevent the person who has committed the criminal act from fleeing with the property.

Additionally, if it's a clean shoot the victim can not recover any damages in civil court. They reap what they sow.

It's not all good though. We are one of the only states that dont allow open carry of handguns, and there's still no carry on campus. We're working on it though. We're also rooting for y'all to get real CCW!

Ah, to live in a place where you won't be labeled a baby killing militant nut job for protecting yourself and others. :icon_e_sad:

I hope we get CCW eventually too, but it's probably more likely that you guys will get OC before we get CCW.

Agree totally! "A**hats" is way too kind a word for them. I'm thinking more like "contemptuous SOB's" or "murderous ba*tards." I was going to say that in NJ, those clerks would have been killed; but in fact, one is allowed to keep a firearm at a place of business. I'm considering doing that, but have not yet gotten around to it. Sure hope I do so before it's too late.

In that case, would an employee be allowed to use the firearm if the store owner isn't around or would they be fired like the pharmacist story a little while ago?

In that case, would an employee be allowed to use the firearm if the store owner isn't around or would they be fired like the pharmacist story a little while ago?

Probably gotta get permission from your employer to carry on company property. Get it in writing too.

another good argument for CCW in NJ (or anywhere for that matter)

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

- aggravated kidnapping,

- murder,

- aggravated robbery,

- robbery,

- sexual assault

- aggravated robbery,

- arson,

- burglary,

- theft at night.

As it sould be, I have a friend north of IAH and he stopped a robbery at his neighbors house, he is still trying to get his gun back and will but it has taken a lot longer than it should so far.

Thanks for rooting for us and I hope it changes before I move to AZ in another 5 years.

Harry