msg73

Where do you buy your reloading supplies?

I buy primers locally at solomans or cheyenne mountain. I heard the guy from tsm casting in ocean county sells primers as well but he is only open till noon.

I only buy about 2000 at a time though, if I bought more I would prob order online. Id order a lot though to get the most out of the 25 dollar hazmat fee. Same with powder.

Buy my bullets online.

For dies, shellplates and other assorted reloading supplies from midway.

For bullets, powder and primers, it's often the best to be part of or organize a group buy. This is especially helpful with distributing the haz-mat fee across a few people instead of 3 individuals paying $25 each, they each pay $8.33 Group buys also usually result in lower costs across the board.

That said, when I can, I buy from Salomon's in Howell.

I've only bought once so far and it was from Natchez because I was already ordering ammo. I also plan to purchase from Powder Valley. I won't purchase from MidwayUSA because they charge the Hazmat for powder and primers separately and they aren't very cheap to begin with.

I used to use midway a lot. Now I use them when I need something ASAP and everyplace else is out of stock.

powder valley is the goto place for powder and primers.

wideners and graffs are also good.

midsouth shooter's supply is good too.

Except I don't buy bullets from any of them. For that I go with precision delta if I want the cheapest FMJ. Montana gold for jacketed with a covered base or hollowpoints (not SD, for accuracy, shooting out of a comped or gas operated pistol), precision bullets if I want moly coated, and the bullet works for plated (I think they sell extreme, for rainier, powder valley has decent prices).

Powder - Gene at TSM casting, or Gene at Salomons

Bullets - Precision Delta or Montana Gold directly (buy a few cases with other folks)

Primers - either group buy or go to a local PA gunshow. Buy at least 5k at a time. No hazmat, no shipping, (and sometimes no tax)

Powder Valley

Montana Gold

Cabela's

I try to buy in bulk so that I can save. Usually involve friends and coupons to save money.

FWIW, http://www.cpwsa.com/ has a sale on primers free shipping.

They also have some cool stuff at decent prices.

Wideners and Grafs. They both have "free hazmat shipping" sales a few times a year. Also, TNT Reloading at some PA gun shows.

In an amazing coincidence, at 4:21pm I got an email from Grafs offering free hazmat when you by 32lbs of smokeless powder, and they'll include another 16lbs of primers or powder in that. Or, they have free shipping with $100 purchase or more, but you have to pay hazmat. Both great deals.