wildchevys

Thinking of trading in H&K on M&P. thoughts?

The other day I shot a M&P 40 for the first time and fell in love. I'm thinking of selling my H&K USP 40 and getting a S&W M&P 40. I was just wanting to hear some people's thoughts on the H&K vs the M&P. I'm not going to keep the USP as i also have a P2000sk .40 so it would be either the USP or the M&P.

I can't compare the H&K against the M&P, but I can tell you that I love my M&P 40FS. Ergonomics are great, well balanced and shoots accurate. Some complain about the trigger but you can DIY a Burwell trigger job or buy a APEX kit for a really nice trigger. You can't go wrong with the M&P

The other day I shot a M&P 40 for the first time and fell in love. I'm thinking of selling my H&K USP 40 and getting a S&W M&P 40. I was just wanting to hear some people's thoughts on the H&K vs the M&P. I'm not going to keep the USP as i also have a P2000sk .40 so it would be either the USP or the M&P.

As they are both excellent firearms, it comes down to what you prefer. If you prefer the M&P, then go for it. Personally, I own a M&P, and I like it. The one time I shot a USP 40, while I didn't dislike it, I wasn't overly impressed with it. Again though, it is personal preference. As the USP is generally a more expensive pistol, there is potential that you could sell it and get the M&P which you like better, and come out in the green also.

The question is, do you have to sell the USP to get something else?

Both are terrific guns in their own respect. Very versatile. USP no longer made. USP expert models are extremely accurate/awesome.

One is striker fired, the other is a hammer. A bit of a difference. I would say more aftermarket support for the M&P nowadays, as it has been accepted in the competition circles. Apex makes fantastic trigger parts for them, just drop them in, and you have a very very versatile firearm for almost any game you play.

Put it this way... the USP is what I would want to have as my nightstand gun, the M&P is what I would choose for gun games, range time.

well for work i carry a USP, and i carry a P2000sk off dury. i also bought a USP just to have for my wife to use and to keep as an extra pistol. i really don't have a need for it and i don't carry it anyway. i'd rather have the more modern M&P and i'll still have my sk (for now, which i also may replace with a M&P compact down the road). i dont want the USP and the M&P so i'd rather sell one for the other. I also have a TLR-2 which is on the USP now, but i'd rather have it on an M&P, and that gun is just so versitle.

well for work i carry a USP, and i carry a P2000sk off dury. i also bought a USP just to have for my wife to use and to keep as an extra pistol. i really don't have a need for it and i don't carry it anyway. i'd rather have the more modern M&P and i'll still have my sk (for now, which i also may replace with a M&P compact down the road). i dont want the USP and the M&P so i'd rather sell one for the other. I also have a TLR-2 which is on the USP now, but i'd rather have it on an M&P, and that gun is just so versitle.

Ok, the M&P is a newer designed gun, but what exactly makes it more modern and versatile over your USP? What makes the USP an antique relic?

i've only shot the USP, and P2000sk. both of which i love

I suggest you shoot the P30

If you love your USP, why do you want to sell it and pick up an M&P? What is it going to do for you that the USP is not... especially since you said you love the gun?

Whats the point of selling your HK, taking a hit, then buying an M&P, which will take a bigger hit on the used market in the future anyway?

Is that hit that you are going to take worth whatever the benefit the M&P does over the USP?

Or just save money, and buy an M&P.

In russian we have a saying "Shilo na Milo" (Шило на мыло).

Loosely translated, whats the point of exchanging one thing for another, if either both are important and need to have them both to accomplish the task. Another definition and appropriate here, pointless exchange.

Sold my USP9 to fund a M&P 40 when they first came out.

The USP looks cool and was dead reliable, but designed stupidly IMO. IT has a totally crap trigger that is near impossible to make better (well they did revise it, still crap IMO). It has a proprietary light rail, they made the slide WAY too heavy which gives it a lot of muzzle flip.

The M&P has a mediocre trigger, but compared to first generation USPs double action it is awesome, even better than the first gen single action. Hoever, there are multiple options for improving it unlike the USP. The light rail is standard. It is also dead reliable once the striker design was sorted out. S&W also doesn't hate you, the retail consumer. So if something does go wrong, you don't have to put up with attitude and hassle to get it fixed eventually some day.

Ok, the M&P is a newer designed gun, but what exactly makes it more modern and versatile over your USP? What makes the USP an antique relic?

I suggest you shoot the P30

If you love your USP, why do you want to sell it and pick up an M&P? What is it going to do for you that the USP is not... especially since you said you love the gun?

Whats the point of selling your HK, taking a hit, then buying an M&P, which will take a bigger hit on the used market in the future anyway?

Is that hit that you are going to take worth whatever the benefit the M&P does over the USP?

Or just save money, and buy an M&P.

In russian we have a saying "Shilo na Milo" (Шило на мыло).

Loosely translated, whats the point of exchanging one thing for another, if either both are important and need to have them both to accomplish the task. Another definition and appropriate here, pointless exchange.

with the USP and the S&W i should break even. i'm only asking $500 for the USP and i'm pretty sure my dad wants it. the USP is a DAO trigger and has the heavy 12lb trigger pull and the only to modify it with the LEM trigget is for it to go back to H&K since it's a first gen USP which would cost close to $400 with shipping, parts, and labor. i only paid $500 for the gun. The M&P has a better trigger, holds more rounds, and is more readily able to be modified. believe me i LOVE H&K and i'm still happy with my p2000sk, but the trigger on the USP is a big issue with me.