hd2000fxdl

OBRPC / World Class Steel Challenge 11/06

Well here it is, Lets see how we do with a NJGF Squad for this one:

This is a great match, Fantastic for a Rim-fire cheap day of shooting, or used the center-fire of your choice or even better both. These matches normally don't start as last as some of the USPSA match being they are easy to set up, and many times your able to get out of there for a late lunch. Don't forget coming out early and pitching in helping set up also helps the matches start on-time, oh and the breakdown at the end is also appreciated and easy when everyone pitches in to help.

Here is a description of the match:

World Class Steel Static Steel

Static Steel matches are held on the first Sunday of every month April thru November. Sign-up is at 8:30 am. Matches start at 9:00 am. You will need 3-4 hours to complete the match.

There are 5 stages. Each stage has five steel plates each of which must be hit at least once. One, a "Stop Plate," must be hit last. You shoot as many rounds as necessary to hit all the targets within a 30 second time limit. Assuming no misses, the minimum round count is 125. Your worst time is discarded. The plates include rectangles as large as 18"x24" and discs of 10 or 12 inches. Each stage has a different plate configuration. Distances may range from 10 to 35 yards. A holster is recommended but not needed. Five magazines or speedloaders are recommended.

Shooters unfamiliar with this discipline are warmly welcomed, encouraged to participate and will be squadded with other "beginners" under the guidance of a seasoned Club member.

Firearm Divisions:

Pistol Open (optics & compensators)

Pistol Iron (iron sights)

.22 Rimfire Open (optics & compensators)

.22 Rimfire Iron (iron sights)

Revolver Open (optics & compensators)

Revolver Iron (iron sights)

.22 Rimfire Revolver Open (optics & compensators)

.22 Rimfire Revolver Iron (iron sights)

Carbine (Pistol caliber only)(optics or iron)

Carbine .22 Rimfire (optics or iron)

Ammunition:

Minimum round count of 125. Minimum of 5 magazines or 5 speed loaders.

Any centerfire pistol round up to 45 ACP or .22 rimfire. No Magnum Rounds.

$5.00 for OBR&PC members with ID card.

$20.00 for Guests and OBR&PC Members without ID card.

So who is ready for some more NJGF fun???

Offer still good? If so count me in!

Yup the offer is still good, I should have my GDG 1911 in by then and have an offer for extra mags if I mine don't come in by then, but it doesn't matter either way, I am planning on shooting my CZ 75 TS as a second gun and that heck, a squad could share a gun.

Actually you could run a whole squad on 1 gun if you had someone reloading the mags for the shooter. Most people come up to the line with the gun bagged anyway if it's rimfire, Center-fire most do have a holster.

I'm in, not sure if I have the 22 gear required though.

Ray, you can shoot center-fire pistol also, and all that needed is a bag and 5 mags or a holster and we knows u'z gots dem..

As far as a 22 pistol heck 5 mags and a bag is all you need, and if you only had 2 or 3 mags we could work that out with someone loading mags for ya anyway, plus like I told Nick he can use my gun, and being it's going to be used from the bag, you welcome to use it also.

Ray, you can shoot center-fire pistol also, and all that needed is a bag and 5 mags or a holster and we knows u'z gots dem..

As far as a 22 pistol heck 5 mags and a bag is all you need, and if you only had 2 or 3 mags we could work that out with someone loading mags for ya anyway, plus like I told Nick he can use my gun, and being it's going to be used from the bag, you welcome to use it also.

As it turns out, i just got a call from the OBPD and my permit is in. So it looks like i'll be able shoot my own pistol right into last place... :dancing:

But one quick question, do you think a mag holder is necessary?

As it turns out, i just got a call from the OBPD and my permit is in. So it looks like i'll be able shoot my own pistol right into last place... :dancing:

Mag holders aren't required for steel. If you're shooting rimfire you don't need anything but the gun and 5 mags.

Mag holders aren't required for steel. If you're shooting rimfire you don't need anything but the gun and 5 mags.

Thanks j0n.

I'll be shooting a sig sp2022 9mm. I have 5 mags and a small bag. No holster yet.

Thanks j0n.

I'll be shooting a sig sp2022 9mm. I have 5 mags and a small bag. No holster yet.

You can shoot from the low ready even with 9mm. Gunna eat a penalty but for your first event, who care?

Great news for you, and Jon has you covered, no mag holders needed but if it's a center-fire there is a time penalty, no big deal, were there to be safe and have fun anyway, plenty of time down the road to work on time, I even slow myself down some just so I don't go even faster than I can shoot, not that I can soot in the first place,,,, yet.. :icon_mrgreen:

Alec, I am not sure if they will work but I have 2 from my wifes MK III Hunter, if they are the same I can bring them along.

Thanks Harry, I THINK the Mark II and Mark III magazines are compatible. I have 4 mags, if 5 is required I'll need just one more.

-Alec

all I have is an old Colt 22lr revolver, so is that fine?

Sure is Ray, we all shoot together but class as scored by gun type that I think I included in the first post. There are a few that do shoot wheel guns, and while we all shoot together there each division are scored separately and as a whole. I would use my 22LR wheel gun but it's a DA and a tight DA, I'll be checking her out and see if I can lighten her up a little when I have some extra time and if I can get her down to about a 10 to 15 lbs pull I'll shoot her also.

By the way, it's 5 static steel target so an 8 to 10 round gun is preferred but not required. Oh don;t forget your paperwork to show you came participated.

I was denied the day off :-( not sure if im working day or night tho.. will this even be over before 2? I would have work at 3 if I'm working night that day

They get done around 1230 to 1300 and unless something weired happened 1400 would be the latest, plus if you have to boogie you boogie, I did that at the USPSA match the past weekend, I have to head to work and missed the last 3 stages but those matches can run alll daaayyyy looonnnggg at times..