hd2000fxdl

OBRPC / World Class Steel Challenge 11/06

you are welcome

Ray thanks for the case . ps mabe one of theese days you will meet my younger daughter.

It's not legal Bob.

You let me use the speed loader pouches so I just returned the favor. The case was sitting in my bag needing to hold a Hi-Point pistol and magazines to go with it.

I wanted to throw an idea out there that I think would make a match like this a little more challenging. As I understand it, there is no penalty for missing a steel plate if you hit it a second (or third, or fourth, or fifth) time. Maybe a one second penalty for every shot fired that didn't hit steel? I thought that it might make people slow down a bit instead of relying on their magazine capacity instead of accuracy. Am I wrong?

I do see what you are saying, and not sure how it would go over if it was ever changed to that, I do like the current format and while everyone one who shoots it has, still does, or will work the trigger faster than the sights.

I'll tell ya there is a steel shoot the 3rd Sunday of the month at OB, it's the same Static Steel style we just shot, but the only difference is the stages are not standard Speed on Steel design. Here is what we can do if we get a NJGF squad together, I'll make us a few special score sheets for our squad to do separately from the match ones, we can record the times and also the number of shots for each string and score that in the way you propose and see how we all do. I'm up for an experiment but doubt it would ever change on the national level.

Actually Ray what I would really like to see, but probably would go over bigger out west, I would really like to see Lever Action 22LR class added to Static Steel.

Yes! gives me a more valid excuse to buy a Henry Golden Boy.

Yes! gives me a more valid excuse to buy a Henry Golden Boy.

While I wouldn;t turn down a Henry Golden Boy, I am partial to Marlin's, shot may dad's 1956 Golden 39A when I was a kid and got one as a gift when I got out of high school from my folks. Also running a Marlin 336 30/30 that I picked up from PK90 to match my father, he has the same combo.

Any results yet?

Nutin yet bud, but I would think maybe in the next day or so, might be a little longer than normal being we had higher than normal turnout and thats a lot more data to enter.

I going to ask the next time I am there if helping out with entering the scores can count towards work hours, not sure, but I would do that in addition to the normal helping out of setting up and breaking down USPSA, OBRAMS and Steel that have already been doing.

This is the web page where the scores will posted when available: WCS Scores

Hey harry I left the bag of heating protection in your car.if you wanda good onto them that way if your at a match and someone needs a pair you have way more than enough now. If you don't want them I'll be at the match on sat hopefully I can be squared up with you guys this time

Thanks

Wow, 12th place in pistol iron! Better than I thought given it was my first time. Next time I need to remember to slow down. Going right after Mike D (this guy is really fast) definitely made me press a bit harder. After each stage, I kept telling myself to slow down and get a good sight picture but once that buzzer went off, slow and steady goes out the window :)

-Mike

Wow, 12th place in pistol iron! Better than I thought given it was my first time. Next time I need to remember to slow down. Going right after Mike D (this guy is really fast) definitely made me press a bit harder. After each stage, I kept telling myself to slow down and get a good sight picture but once that buzzer went off, slow and steady goes out the window :)

-Mike

Nice job Mike, like I said, watch Mike D shoot, and talk to him, he is very open to helping people out.

Well - you guys could see how bad I shot from my video :p

I'm just glad you caught me shooting the stage I shot, I sucked in the rim-fire class overall, but that stage I had the fastest time of the day for that stage. Hey even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while..:icon_mrgreen:

I came in 4th place in Speed on Steel?!? Shooting full power .40 loads from a stock Glock 35 out of a level 3 retention holster, I will take it!

I thought I shot like crap... Guess it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Now comes the interior dialogue over Winning vs. Training. I could probably shave 2 - 3 seconds per stage going to a speed holster. Figure another second or two shooting under powered loads. I think about this after every comp.... And always come back with the same answer. Shoot what I have to carry out of what I have to carry it in. But the "What If?" still nags me..

Edited to add: I just saw the scores from the knockdown steel on the 12th. There's the suckage! 11th place... Blech....

• Like 1

I came in 4th place in Speed on Steel?!? Shooting full power .40 loads from a stock Glock 35 out of a level 3 retention holster, I will take it!

I thought I shot like crap... Guess it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Now comes the interior dialogue over Winning vs. Training. I could probably shave 2 - 3 seconds per stage going to a speed holster. Figure another second or two shooting under powered loads. I think about this after every comp.... And always come back with the same answer. Shoot what I have to carry out of what I have to carry it in. But the "What If?" still nags me..

Edited to add: I just saw the scores from the knockdown steel on the 12th. There's the suckage! 11th place... Blech....

I couldn't have said it better myself. I try to use gear and guns that I would use to defend my life on. My holster is a leather pancake from DeSantis and the 686 is bone stock. I'm gonna shoot the next match with loaders that I would carry concealed with.

BTW, you know who I am dude. The one who taught you the Mossberg shuffle!