Pew Pew Plates

Cash/receipts lane closed on the parkway....then what?

EzPass is a great thing to have, I have to have it for my parking at work, I get free parking at the airport and my EzPass tag number and license plate is registered with the PANYNJ partaking division so I don't really have a choice, well I do, but I would rather not pay 33 bucks a day to park.

It's a great time saver, I had one of my employees have a problem with the EzPass in her car, well it wasn't in her car and she knew who took it so for a day she had to use cash until she could get a new one. Well she called me telling me she had to wait to pay cash, I was a little over 10 minutes behind her on the same road getting off at the same exit. Well I made it to the toll and through it with my EzPass while she was still in line, and this was at the exit for the airport at 0445 in the morning with only 1 toll collector working.

So for what I think might be a buck or 2 fee a month, the time and convenience is more than worth it to me.

If you feel like they will be tracking you, well I don't know what to say, but if your think your in stealth mode just think they have cameras at every single lane at these tolls, so think about this, you sitting there just give the man more time to get you on camera, and they know where you are for a longer period of time,,,, feel better now??:sarcastichand: :sarcastichand:

I pay no fees and never have. I was living in NY when ez-pass came out. NY only paid the $1 for 6 months until it was changed back due to a court ruling. So either way, I would not pay the $1 anyway.

I am shocked that they have not started mailing tickets because you went from A to B too quickly, but give it time.

I remember reading an article a few years ago suggesting that will be the next step, the out cry was so great that the idea was scrapped. For now I'm sure. I'm sure their reasoning for implementing something like that would be the same as the reason for using speech cameras, and red light cameras.