hd2000fxdl

OBRPC Action Steel Saturday 11/12

man I need to really look into reloading so I can afford shooting more then one gun. anyone sell inexpensive reloads of ur a oldbrige member?

I doubt it, most people who reload reload for there own use, also while there are a lot of people who really know there stuff, and I would probably be just fine using someone else's loads, I would rather not chance it and just shoot my own, and many people who do load there own probably feel similar. That is unless they really know the person and trust there ability.

I would if I were you just use factory ammo, or buy ammo from places like I mentioned, Atlanta Arms and Ammo and the like until you are ready to get into it yourself.

yeah I left my brass last Sunday, def gonna be picking it up from now on.

Sorry dude, until you reload you can't pick up your own brass, at Action Steel matches, at the OBRPC, while at the Outdoor Range when it's the 2nd Saturday of the month in November, so I will have to take it all on Saturday, it's my new rule,, :icon_mrgreen:

Sorry dude, until you reload you can't pick up your own brass, at Action Steel matches, at the OBRPC, while at the Outdoor Range when it's the 2nd Saturday of the month in November, so I will have to take it all on Saturday, it's my new rule,, :icon_mrgreen:

I'm not squadding with you because I am a certified brass raper. I'm gonna bring a net on a long handle so I can catch the rounds before they hit the ground!

Nice, real nice.. I like it..:icon_mrgreen:

I think the best way is to throw it all in one 5 gallon bucket and divide it amongst the people in the squad who wants brass after the shooting is done. Obviously anyone who wants to keep their own brass can pick it up right after they shoot it if they don't want it in the pot.

I've done that before at steel matches and it seems to work well. Everybody who wants brass gets an equal share.

boff, and I want to see that guy do that with a real gun.

Pretty sure that is JJ Racaza in the video. I have seen him do that with iron sights as well as the RDS. Great shooter and a hell of a nice and down to earth guy.

On another note, it looks like I might actually make it on Saturday. See you all there!

Oh, and a bit of advice for all attending. I have shot this style of match before. I am bringing at least twice what the recomended round count is. I can always bring ammo home, I can't finish a match with what I don't have.

You all are welcome to my brass if you want .40 brass from a stock Glock barrel.

Pretty sure that is JJ Racaza in the video. I have seen him do that with iron sights as well as the RDS. Great shooter and a hell of a nice and down to earth guy.

On another note, it looks like I might actually make it on Saturday. See you all there!

Oh, and a bit of advice for all attending. I have shot this style of match before. I am bringing at least twice what the recomended round count is. I can always bring ammo home, I can't finish a match with what I don't have.

You all are welcome to my brass if you want .40 brass from a stock Glock barrel.

Heck yea I'll take your 40 brass. :)

I think the best way is to throw it all in one 5 gallon bucket and divide it amongst the people in the squad who wants brass after the shooting is done. Obviously anyone who wants to keep their own brass can pick it up right after they shoot it if they don't want it in the pot.

I've done that before at steel matches and it seems to work well. Everybody who wants brass gets an equal share.

That works for me, I do save my own, but splitting what others don't want is perfect, well as long as we are able to get a NJGF Squad together.

You sure that was him? There are a lot of Filipinos who are good shooters at OB.

Got a vid of him last year.

Does anyone know if you can shoot this match with a 22 pistol perhaps for no score? My GF loves to shoot static steel with me and shoots 22 pistol class quite well but isn't familiar or proficient with centerfire pistol or any of the other official categories as of yet. I think she'd really enjoy this match as a change over static steel but don't know how lenient they are with the classes or if 22 pistol is even sufficient for plate knockdown. Anyone have any idea?

Does anyone know if you can shoot this match with a 22 pistol perhaps for no score? My GF loves to shoot static steel with me and shoots 22 pistol class quite well but isn't familiar or proficient with centerfire pistol or any of the other official categories as of yet. I think she'd really enjoy this match as a change over static steel but don't know how lenient they are with the classes or if 22 pistol is even sufficient for plate knockdown. Anyone have any idea?

22LR Pistol, I would have to say NO by just looking at the rules, now I could see letting her have a go at it if there was only a few people showing up for it but I have a feeling that might not be the case with this one.

I do know, if they gave people a run at this just calling hits and if it fell it fell using a 22 Pistol I'd be making good use of my GSG-1911 in a heart beat.

Also don't forget, there is a static steel match at OBRPC the following weekend. I think it's on Sunday but will post up new thread in the next day or so about that one. I tried to put it in the calender, I typed it all up, hit enter but don't see it there.

You sure that was him? There are a lot of Filipinos who are good shooters at OB.

Got a vid of him last year.

[Awesome vid of JJ gettin' it done]

Not 100% sure it is JJ, but close to it. I was going by the gun, pretty sure that is his "Razorcat".

Plus, for the last 3 yeas or so, he has often gotten squadded with the group of guys I usually go to the comps with. The stance, mechanical-like movement, reloads, and pre-shooting "ritual" just scream JJ to me. I may be wrong but whatever. Whoever it is is a hell of a shooter.