nj22

Looking to Shoot cz and sig

I recently moved to Jersey City from PA (by way of many other cities). I am currently in the process of getting my FID (PD says I'm about 2 weeks out), but do not yet have it in hand. I had a CCW in PA, so I'm not a prohibited person, and I'm familiar with safe handling of firearms (I shoot a .22).

I'm in the market for my first 9mm, and am having a hard time narrowing down my choices. I'm looking for a fullsize, metal framed 9mm that is target accurate. Thinking CZ-75b or used Sig p226. Also interested in CZ SP-01, if I can find one, and would love to shoot some poly full size as well to compare (maybe I'll change my mind!). Or really anything else you would recommend meeting the accurate/reliable criteria (around $600 to spend).

Shore Shot has the p226 to rent, but not the CZs. In fact, I can't find the CZs anywhere in N. Jersey. I know there are a lot of generous shooters on here--some have already offered to let me put a few rounds through their favorite 9mm. Is there any chance anyone is local and interested in helping a fellow shooter out? If shooting at Bayonne or the Bullet Hole I would, of course, pay both of our range fees. I cannot legally buy 9mm ammo yet, but I can give you cash for that.

The shops around me haven't allowed me to handle anything without the FID card. Kind of annoying.

I think Shore Shot has a EAA Witness to rent. It is based on the CZ design. I know they have many CZ75s for sale, so you could fondle a few.

I know that you DO NOT need a FID to rent a pistol at Shore Shot. If you can rent the EAA (CZ clone), it might give you a good idea. I am a big CZ fan. I own a P01 and may one day own one of their customs or a CZ 85 Combat.

If you want to try out a P01, come on by to Shore shot on Tuesday night. I will be there around 7:45.

Just called Shore Shot--no CZs, no EAA Witness. Might not even have a Sig available. Could try the XD I guess, along with the baby desert eagle (another CZ clone). But that doesn't really help me narrow.

I wonder if it is in for repair. I just saw it hanging on the board last week.

I have a 75b that you can gladly shoot.

The only club I am a member of is in PA, so it might be difficult to figure something out. If we can though, I'd be glad to let you put some mags through it. I will tell you one thing, you won't wanna shoot anything else after you get done with it!

I have a CZ-75 with some work done to it by CZ-Custom that you could shoot at Shore Shot. If you shoot a stock 75 you will like it very much, then shoot my gun I think you will love it. I have a Glock 34 and an FNP-9, while I really like each gun the CZ is the one I reach for to shoot steel and IPSC. Just let me know if you want to shoot it and we can arrange it.