M1152

new member from mercer

I've been thinking about joining for some time but finally pulled the trigger today,, no pun intended. I picked Mosin Fan as my username becasue over the last year I've become addicted to Mosins but I do have some modern firearms as well. I belong another gun forum but it isn't a NJ forum. I joined this forum because we are all in the same boat as far as azz backwards NJ gun laws, maybe it will get turned around here or maybe not, but if so I don't want to miss out...

@ Maksim – In Hamilton, I’ve never made it out to Fort Dix. Generally just go over to PA, Ready Aim Fire is just a shot down Rt13,outdoor ranges aren’t that far. Someday I'd like to give Fort Dix a try

@ junkmanted – I have three Mosins. Two M91/30’s one round receiver that I put and ATI stock on and the other is a HEX receiver I plan to leave as is. The round was a little beat up so I don’t care how the hack job on that one. Then I have a Mosin M44, which I really like as well. I’d like to get Finnish Mosin but they are getting a little pricy. Lastly I have an SKS, that’s it for the Russians..

@ usmars & PK90 – thanks guys, glad to be onboard

Welcome to the Forum Mosin Fan, I think you found a forum that probably half the members have picked up mosins over the last year or there abouts.

Next is ammo, you need to stock up, can't ever have too much ammo, well that is unless your going swimming.

Welcome to the Forum Mosin Fan, I think you found a forum that probably half the members have picked up mosins over the last year or there abouts.

Next is ammo, you need to stock up, can't ever have too much ammo, well that is unless your going swimming.

Thank you! yep, I think I'm good for a while, last time I looked I Three 880 rds cases of 7.62x54R, I think that should get me though the year. Got an email blast from Bud's a few weeks ago, guess what their number one seller was for 2011. I may change the username later on but needed something to get onboard with, plus I do like the Mosins. I even have the tee shirts.. Seriously, I think once you get over 50 you have a greater appreciation for vintage stuff, it don't have to even be firearms. It could be cars, tools, buildings, movies whatever. Look at the Mosins, they are still in service that's pretty good for a 70 + year old gun. Nice FXDL you have there, I have the FXDXI

Thank you! yep, I think I'm good for a while, last time I looked I Three 880 rds cases of 7.62x54R, I think that should get me though the year. Got an email blast from Bud's a few weeks ago, guess what their number one seller was for 2011. I may change the username later on but needed something to get onboard with, plus I do like the Mosins. I even have the tee shirts.. Seriously, I think once you get over 50 you have a greater appreciation for vintage stuff, it don't have to even be firearms. It could be cars, tools, buildings, movies whatever. Look at the Mosins, they are still in service that's pretty good for a 70 + year old gun. Nice FXDL you have there, I have the FXDXI

Damn, someone with close to what I have on hand, I saw a good deal and picked up 6 cans to add to the ones I already had, I figure I'll be good for a while being I shoot .40 and 9mm the most.

The FXDL and I parted ways, on the way back to NJ after a weekend party out in a town just south of Denver, went down doing about 65-70 in a real bad rain storm in eastern Ohio. I bounced and was ok, did a split, never remember being to do one of them and that hurt, but other than that I walked away. The other bike in the Pic, the closest one is my 83 Shovel, and Dyna has been replaced with an 08 Ultra. now for someone who had a lot of choppers, with a lot of them not even having a battery in them and all of them kick only this bark-a-glide on wheels is nice I must say, plus I am now past the age where I bounce anyway. lol