henrym

OBRPC P.P.C. FRIDAY 11/11

I think we have a few that said they are going, but you might want to put a little more in the description of what it is, I have an idea but it would be better coming from someone who has shot it before.

Oh and don;t make it sound like too much fun please, I can't afford another discipline.

Quoted from newsletter

PPC League is a FUN place to be as well as an

excellent venue to learn the basics of safe gun handling in

a friendly competitive atmosphere. We feature a 60-round

Course of Fire shooting in free-style standing, barricade,

sitting and prone positions while engaging B-27 & B-34

silhouette targets from 7-25 yards distance. Side arms can

be holstered or you may start from the low-ready position.

Each Relay takes approx. 45 minutes to shoot & score.

First timers are welcome and are asked to attend at least

one Relay prior to shooting our League so that they may

better acquaint themselves with the Range Commands and

cadence. All that’s required is a hand gun that you’re

completely familiar with, 4 mags or speed-loaders, 60

rounds per Relay you wish to shoot, and a zippered gun

rug or hard case to carry the hand gun to the firing line. As

mentioned before, holsters are used, but you can start from

the low-ready position.

Here is the course of fire:

6 rounds Reload 6 rounds at 7 yards freestyle (~ 15 Seconds)full scale torso target

6 rounds at 7 yards Strong hard Only (~9 seconds)full scale torso target

6 rounds reload 6 rounds freestyle at 14 yards freestyle (~30 seconds)full scale torso target

6 rounds sitting 6 rounds prone 6 roads right hand barricade 6 rounds left hand barricade at 25 yards (~2 minutes)on a half scale torso target

I cant remember the times exactly so they are approximate

It looks easy but trust me its not. It was built for revolvers but can be shot by what ever gun you bring from holster or low ready

Divisions are Revolver Iron Sights, Revolver open, Semi Auto Iron Sights, Semi auto open sights

Here is the course of fire:

6 rounds Reload 6 rounds at 7 yards freestyle (~ 15 Seconds)full scale torso target

6 rounds at 7 yards Strong hard Only (~9 seconds)full scale torso target

6 rounds reload 6 rounds freestyle at 14 yards freestyle (~30 seconds)full scale torso target

6 rounds sitting 6 rounds prone 6 roads right hand barricade 6 rounds left hand barricade at 25 yards (~2 minutes)on a half scale torso target

I cant remember the times exactly so they are approximate

It looks easy but trust me its not. It was built for revolvers but can be shot by what ever gun you bring from holster or low ready

Divisions are Revolver Iron Sights, Revolver open, Semi Auto Iron Sights, Semi auto open sights

Now that doesn;t sound to bad, now when you say, left and right barricade, is that strong hand weak hand or just shooting around to the left and then to the right.. Also is it also timed as quickest time and accuracy, or just accuracy?

Sorry Harry, that role is already fulfilled by me. :icon_mrgreen:

I will be there Henry, might have a friend with me too if he wants to give it a "shot". :)

This is a fun shoot, Dave is a good guy and has good people helping run shooters when he isn't running them.

Costs members a whopping $5.00 per course of 60 shots. 600 is a perfect score. I haven't seen anyone do it yet, but some of these people get pretty close. I am no threat...........

I might try and make it out to this, what's the cost for non-members? Also, the part about the relays confused me. Being a first timer (to PPC, not competitive shooting), what would be expected of me exactly?

I believe the cost for non-members is $10 a relay.

A relay consists of 60 shots.

Henry laid-out the course of fire above. Yeah Dave, I actually remembered that term you so dearly love!

So, you get 60 shots between two different targets, the big guy and the little guy. You better score well on the big guy because you get to shoot at him pretty close compared to the little guy at 25 yards.

:o :o :o

Guess I have to make this...

I will have to miss this, Have to get the OL to the Airport at 0300 for a week long FAM trip on a cruise ship, yea her job sucks. Also I have a bunch of stuff to do before I shoot Saturday's match so NO Friday night Fun for me, well not at the Range that is.. :icon_mrgreen:

I have four 1911 mags somewhere around here, I'll try to find them and bring them with me.

The BEST landmark for the indoor range is the WAWA at the corner! Take a right at that light (provided you were heading south on Rt 18) and the range is down on the left just after the apartments. (For those that have not been there yet).

I imagine the door should be blocked open so you can easily get in without a swipe card.

Yes, new shooters allowed. I would recommend watching a relay fist so you are familiar with what you will have to do. This is a once a month event. Good thing it is not weekly, I would be spending a fortune on ammo! See you all in a little bit.

60 rounds per string. You can shoot as many strings as you want, but you pay by the string. The actual shooting was enjoyable. The wait to shoot(as a "new" shooter) was aggravating. Paying $20 to fire 60 rounds over the course of 15 minutes!? Deal-breaker. I will not be back unless the price drops.