henrym

OBRPC P.P.C. FRIDAY 11/11

60 rounds per string. You can shoot as many strings as you want, but you pay by the string. The actual shooting was enjoyable. The wait to shoot(as a "new" shooter) was aggravating. Paying $20 to fire 60 rounds over the course of 15 minutes!? Deal-breaker. I will not be back unless the price drops.

Agreed. I didn't get to shoot until after you left. Waited over 2 hours while watching others get to shoot multiple times. So frustrating... :banghead:

But, i was a lot of fun once you get to go. Shot a 392 which made my night.

Agreed. I didn't get to shoot until after you left. Waited over 2 hours while watching others get to shoot multiple times. So frustrating... :banghead:

But, i was a lot of fun once you get to go. Shot a 392 which made my night.

Great shooting!

Yes, you have to get there early. I have waited untill 11:00 PM to shoot the last relay with Dave at times.

Since I am going to the outdoor event tomorrow I wanted to get in and out as fast as possible tonight. I got there around 5:30 and signed me and my buddy up for 2 rounds each.

Time to hit the sack and get up and freeze tomorrow morning!

An update for anyone who cares. I sent a friendly email to the director, Dave, about my concerns having attended the match. He essentially told me to pound sand in a rather unfriendly manner. After his response I will not be returning, even if the price were to change.

I went to my first PPC event last night. I had a great time.

Yes there was some waiting but I am used to that with any sport I have done. Autox, track days, drag you always have to wait for your class to run before you get out and have your fun.

I am adding this to the bullseye shooting that they offer. They are both fun. Can't wait to try some more of the action sports and steel.

Was anyone else there last night? I shot in the 6th and 7th relays.

Glad you guys had a good time! Where else can you go and shoot a league that's this much fun for $5?

Old Bridge is member-based and it's members pay a reduced rate to compete, as it should be. Others are welcome at the mandatory non-member rates.

We meet again this Friday night! And next month we are providing a free meal to all participants. Be sure to watch your email. If you want to be emailed, send me yours. I'm in the "book".

Dave

Hmmm....... Nuttin on the menu except for shooting some lead this Friday. Maybe I'll get the wife to make some cookies for us (me) :)

She may actually try shooting this time, let's see!

The way I've been shooting lately she will probably kick my butt.

Hmmm....... Nuttin on the menu except for shooting some lead this Friday. Maybe I'll get the wife to make some cookies for us (me) :)

She may actually try shooting this time, let's see!

The way I've been shooting lately she will probably kick my butt.

I'll see you friday. Bring your wife, we could use all the shooters we can get.

She said she wants to finally do it (shooting that is!).

We have to let her "cheat" though on the little guy (no, not me!). I want to let her shoot from the strong side then the weak side twice, I don't think she'll be able to do the sitting and laying-down part, knee problems and she is too young for knee replacement.

I'll let Dave decide what to let her do, as long as he doesn't let her shoot me!

We have to let her "cheat" though on the little guy (no, not me!). I want to let her shoot from the strong side then the weak side twice, I don't think she'll be able to do the sitting and laying-down part, knee problems and she is too young for knee replacement.

I'll let Dave decide what to let her do, as long as he doesn't let her shoot me!

That shouldn't be a problem. They are very accommodating. Especially with new shooters.

Maybe i'll see you guys there.

OBRPC = Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club. The PPC event is the Police Pistol Challange. For members it is $5.00 per stage, really no limit on how many stages you shoot, unless it is really crowded. First-come first-signed-up!

If you are not a member of the club I do not remember the price.......... I "think" you can shoot two stages PLUS get in on the 50/50 raffle for $30 for non-members, but I am not 100% sure............

Each stage consists of 60 shots, so make sure you bring enough ammo, unlike ME who will bring one box and realize I need another 10 rounds!

Frank & Terry,

PPC is an acronym for Police Practical Competition. Don't let that worry you, as we're mostly all civilians. We engage B-27 full-size and B-34 reduced-size silhouette targets on turning target frames at distances from 7-25 yards. Once a month on the second Friday at the Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club's Indoor Range facility on Maple Street in Old Bridge, just off of Rt. 18. We start at 6:30ish, with registration open on a first come-first served basis. Cost is only $20.00 for one Relay with a 60 round Course of Fire, and $35.00 for two full Relays (Non-Member rates)! Members pay only $5.00 per Relay (membership has it's privelidges).

If you go to our Club web site: www.oldbridgerifle.com and search the newsletter data you'll be able to read several articles about our league (as well as a host of others).

If you have a holster you can use it. If not, we start you from the "low-ready" position. Loaner magazines & speed-loaders are available every league night. We're "beginner-friendly", and we won't let you shoot until you feel comfortable with the Range Commands. If drawing a loaded sidearm from a holster, engaging turning silhouette targets and learning some new gun handling skills seems interesting to you, then I suggest you give it a try!

Hope to see you there!

Dave

PPC League Chairman

Mike she'll be able to shoot any way that's comfortable for her, no problem!

We already have folks with artificial joints that enjoy themselves. No prone or sitting positions are mandatory....nobody wins a Caddy, lol!

Dave

If you're not an OB member I highly recommend shooting a different discipline. The price is outrageous for such a short course of fire, let alone an event where the rules aren't followed by the ROs.

If you're not an OB member I highly recommend shooting a different discipline. The price is outrageous for such a short course of fire, let alone an event where the rules aren't followed by the ROs.

Jon,

Up to now I've let this whole situation diffuse. NO LONGER! Your juvenile attitude and manner is UNACCEPTABLE! In my two emails to you (in November, right after the Match) I outlined that the fee structure was set by the Board of Trustees to encourage non-members to become members. I NEVER told you to "pound sand" or any such thing. Instead I invited you to become a member of our fine Club so you would only pay the $5.00 Match fee. You declined the invitation with further insult added to injury. So this whole "thing" boils down to money or your lack of it. You NEVER brought up any safety violation either here two months ago or in either private email to me immediately after the Match. I KNOW this because I just checked EVERYTHING once more prior to writing this response. That was two months ago! Why is that Jon? Isn't safety a primary concern of yours? Now you're just throwing it out there as a way to bring discredit to our League & Club and that will not go unchallenged! I've even taken a hiatus from NJGF for a while so I could forget about your un-called for comments. But I did answer a non-members inquiry just yesterday as truthfull as I can, and for that I and everyone else must endure your pounce & rant. UNCOOL and NOT something a Moderator should be engaged in! I might call Max about this and forward him ALL of our emails for him to weigh in on this. Right now a retraction & appology will make-do. Let's "shake hands" and forget about it! You have till Sunday night to post something here. Do the right thing, MAN-UP!

okay thanks!!

OBRPC = Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club. The PPC event is the Police Pistol Challange. For members it is $5.00 per stage, really no limit on how many stages you shoot, unless it is really crowded. First-come first-signed-up!

If you are not a member of the club I do not remember the price.......... I "think" you can shoot two stages PLUS get in on the 50/50 raffle for $30 for non-members, but I am not 100% sure............

Each stage consists of 60 shots, so make sure you bring enough ammo, unlike ME who will bring one box and realize I need another 10 rounds!

Thanks Dave! might be something I would like to try for sure

Frank & Terry,

PPC is an acronym for Police Practical Competition. Don't let that worry you, as we're mostly all civilians. We engage B-27 full-size and B-34 reduced-size silhouette targets on turning target frames at distances from 7-25 yards. Once a month on the second Friday at the Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club's Indoor Range facility on Maple Street in Old Bridge, just off of Rt. 18. We start at 6:30ish, with registration open on a first come-first served basis. Cost is only $20.00 for one Relay with a 60 round Course of Fire, and $35.00 for two full Relays (Non-Member rates)! Members pay only $5.00 per Relay (membership has it's privelidges).

If you go to our Club web site: www.oldbridgerifle.com and search the newsletter data you'll be able to read several articles about our league (as well as a host of others).

If you have a holster you can use it. If not, we start you from the "low-ready" position. Loaner magazines & speed-loaders are available every league night. We're "beginner-friendly", and we won't let you shoot until you feel comfortable with the Range Commands. If drawing a loaded sidearm from a holster, engaging turning silhouette targets and learning some new gun handling skills seems interesting to you, then I suggest you give it a try!

Hope to see you there!

Dave

PPC League Chairman

I need to buy a few more mags for my 22a to shoot there and a holster before i come :)

Forgive me, but what's a "22a"? Reason being that there's usually folks with extra mags of all makes & sizes. Hell I bring my .45 Wilson mags and I shoot a 686 S&W revolver! So you may be able to borrow some, as only six shooters are firing at any one Relay. As far as a holster goes, you might be loaned that as well, or you can start from the "low-ready" position with the gun pointed at the floor with your finger alongside the slide, not near the trigger. So any way we can help you, we will!

Dave

You don't need a holster. For new shooters it is probably easier and safer to start from the low-ready, just have a gun bag you don't minde getting a little dirty from laying on the floor.

You need 4 mags (or speedloaders/moonclips) for this event. Maybe can get away with two if you have a helper that is fairly quick, check with Dave about that.

Yes you would. But IF you don't yet own one, don't run-out & buy one. Better, cheaper holsters for the various disciplines are available and I'll gladly show you some of mine. Now IF you're "on-the-job" and wish to practice with what you actually wear every day, that's a whole nuther thing, and of course you can wear your duty belt.