tony357

uspsa rig.

Anyone running multiple setups? single and double stack?

Thinking about running 2 guns one single and the other double stack..

If i order another outer belt this will allow you to remove a complete setup and change over very easily..

Here is the problem availability of safe tables in the spring when i shot CJRP the safe table was at one end of the range..

Oldbridge would not be a problem..

I don't have a rulebook in front of me, but if the gun is still holstered when you remove the belt, I don't see an issue with swapping one belt for another when not at a safe table.

I was thinking that, was going to ask that question.

I would think Jon is on the money with this, the gun would never leaving the holster, I would put a bungee attached to it just so it hold the gun better and you wont mistakenly drop it.

I want to get another rig myself, but AA and CR doesn't just sell the outer belt, I really didn't want to buy another whole setup but I just may have to.

Here is one more thing, my friend Mike D runs an STI 1911 and it's in a race rig, it hold his gun but also fits other 1911/2011 My CZ 75-TS as well as other CZ's that I know of. I'll have to see if it hold my GSG the next time I see him, and if so, I'm getting one.

Or just ask the RO. Bag the gun when done shooting, swap belts, then shoot again.

Swapping belts with gun in it, don't have the rulebook in front of me, but I wouldn't.

+1 if gun gets dropped your dqed.

+1 if gun gets dropped your dqed.

I agree it's not the best thing to do, but not sure of legality when it comes to USPSA. However I don't think you are DQed if you drop your gun outside the COF. You just have to have someone get a RO to pick the gun up for you. If you pick the gun up on your own and are seen then yes DQ.

Someone who knows for sure please chime in.

I agree it's not the best thing to do, but not sure of legality when it comes to USPSA. However I don't think you are DQed if you drop your gun outside the COF. You just have to have someone get a RO to pick the gun up for you. If you pick the gun up on your own and are seen then yes DQ.

Someone who knows for sure please chime in.

Thats what I understand, as long as it is as it should be, unloaded, that's the reason I did mention the Bungee, but I do like the idea of just bagging it and swapping belts as the best option.

I've heard of being DQed if you drop your gun, but I believe it depends on the situation...not 100% sure though (I will wait for more knowledgeable comp shooters to talk about it).

To explain on that a little, let's say you are setting up poppers after someone shot and end up somehow hitting your pistol on a target and it falls out, I don't think that is on grounds for DQ. But if you are shooting a stage and end up dropping your loaded gun, then I'm going to guess that is a DQ.

Will wait for better explanations though...

Correct.

if you drop your gun any time during the course of fire, that is a DQ.

If you mess with your gun outside the course of fire, and it falls, it is a DQ....

however, lets say someone bumps you, or whatever, and the gun falls, don't attempt to trap it with your hand... let it fall. Call for RO, say Dropped Gun. RO will pick up the gun, make sure it is unloaded, and place it in your holster or give it to you. No DQ.

I am going to look at the rules for changing the belts with gun in it.....

Removing the gunbelt with the gun still in the holster is a DQ. I had this debate a while ago, and the superior rules lawyers pointed out chapter and verse, but I have since forgotten. I'll see if I can get a refresher o it this weekend.

As for shooting two guns, neither OB or CJ permit it at a match other than for the classifier stages. We also make an exception for special classifier matches. But in general it makes squadding even harder than it already is.

Removing the gunbelt with the gun still in the holster is a DQ. I had this debate a while ago, and the superior rules lawyers pointed out chapter and verse, but I have since forgotten. I'll see if I can get a refresher o it this weekend.

As for shooting two guns, neither OB or CJ permit it at a match other than for the classifier stages. We also make an exception for special classifier matches. But in general it makes squadding even harder than it already is.

thanks Matt, what I thought, I am thinking iirc that gun has to be in holster, and holster has to be securely attached to you...

Here is the ruling.

Carry And Storage- - Except when within the boundaries of a safety area, or when under the supervision and direct command of a Range Officer, competitors must carry their handguns unloaded in a gun case, gun bag, or in a holster securely attached to a belt on their person. See Rule 10.5.1

Handling a firearm at any time except when in a designated safety area or when under the supervision of, and in response to a direct command issued by a Range Officer (Results in a DQ)

So if I am taking a wizz in the porto-potty and knock my gun into the nasty poo tank who has to get it? ahhaha

Pretty much joking but I did think about it the other day when I was going to the bathroom at the CJ porta potty between stages.

Thanks Matt, good info, as always.

As someone already stated;

5.2 Holsters and Other Competitor Equipment

5.2.1 Carry and Storage – Except when within the boundaries of a safety

area, or when under the supervision and direct command of a Range

Officer, competitors must carry their handguns unloaded in a gun case,

gun bag or in a holster securely attached to a belt on their person (see

Rule 10.5.1).

10.5 Match Disqualification – Unsafe Gun Handling

Examples of unsafe gun handling include, but are not limited to:

10.5.1 Handling a firearm at any time except when in a designated safety area

or when under the supervision