Damjan

SIG P238...Any experiences?

This gun was rushed by SIG and had many issue's and a recall. Last I heard, the issues were with the recoil spring. I think after a certain time period they got worked out but there was a lot of people with issues.

I have a few friends that have them and haven't experienced any issues but they haven't even gotten to the 500 round mark yet. That seemed to be the issue before.

I have one that I bought earlier this year, I put 100 or 150 rounds through it without issue. I don't shoot it much since it lends itself better to carry than target shooting. I will say, it's the only .380 I every shot that functioned flawlessly with any brand of ammo, most .380's are finicky.

I have one that I bought earlier this year, I put 100 or 150 rounds through it without issue. I don't shoot it much since it lends itself better to carry than target shooting. I will say, it's the only .380 I every shot that functioned flawlessly with any brand of ammo, most .380's are finicky.

I have a BG380 and shes has to have a couple thousand rounds of USA Ammo, new, once fired, and other common brands ans she hasn;t had any problems, also it feed Hornady CD flawlessly..

I've had my P238 SAS for a few months now and still love it. It has performed flawlessly with ball ammo and JHP rounds. I don't count rounds fired,but estimate just from what I remember buying and what's left, it has fired around 500 rounds so far with zero malfunctions.

The fit and finish is excellent and the gun just feels good in my hand. I bought a couple of Sig seven round magazines with the pinky finger extended floor plate. These mags are good if your hand is small enough to put your pinky on them or they have a groove on the bottom for your pinky if your hand is too big.

I highly recommend the P238.

Thanks everyone for the information.

I got the P238 SAS the other day and put 50 rounds of Blazer Brass yesterday through it. I am going to order additional springs and see how long the one that comes with the gun lasts.

I ll also document the round count and any issues as i progress.