ronhonda

USPSA @ Old Bridge 11/27/11

Thanks for the info, Maks! It does make a lot of sense. Limited 10 takes away any advantage from having a higher capacity mag.

I tried the trigger on Harry's CZ TS a few matches ago and was blown away by the "factory" trigger feel (compared to my Glock). After reading on other options, the Tanfo Limited came up as another excellent alternative with a similar (or even better feel). I'm doing plenty of research first before I make my decision.

I'll check out your Tanfo next time we see each other in the range.

I'm curious, what equipment are you "upgrading" to?

Rey,

I like shooting L10. =) but actually, the downside of the tanfoglio's, the 40 cal mags that up until recently are made by MecGar, are not readily reliable for 15 rounds. With 10 rounds, no issues. The new MecGar made mags are reliable and work well.

If I am shooting a major match with 15 rounders, I am down 5 rounds versus others.

If you want to shoot my tanfo, let me know. I am actually now considering selling it, and or I do have an SVI Infinity that is avail.

Maks,

Seriously, that SV might be meant for you to shoot with as how many SV do you see up for sale and from the way it sounds, you got a good deal on it.

Sorry I couldn't put up an offer on that gun. I had to re-finish the basement again from the storms of this year and just could not afford spending more on toys.

On a separate note, do you know who can do a trigger job for our guns in our area? Do you think EGW does work on Tanfos? Maybe we should give them a call and I'll pick you up to go to their shop. Maybe we can even turn our tanfo's black and silver like the custom 2.

Ryan

Maks,

Seriously, that SV might be meant for you to shoot with as how many SV do you see up for sale and from the way it sounds, you got a good deal on it.

Sorry I couldn't put up an offer on that gun. I had to re-finish the basement again from the storms of this year and just could not afford spending more on toys.

On a separate note, do you know who can do a trigger job for our guns in our area? Do you think EGW does work on Tanfos? Maybe we should give them a call and I'll pick you up to go to their shop. Maybe we can even turn our tanfo's black and silver like the custom 2.

Ryan

Ryan - I prefer the reverse two-tone... black slide and "stainless" frame. :icon_mrgreen:

Rey....something like this maybe? http://www.speedshoo...l.cfm?ID=LMWLPSthis.gif

Buy a Tuned edge for about $2k and then use the other $1800 to buy gear, mags, reloading components, and a new pair of shoes.

The gun is really nice and I would love to have one, but a BIT too expensive. Even with the Pinoy discount.

Ryan, I may have a Trojan 40

Dude,

Seriously, how many guns do you have? Send me pics. I maybe interested in a trade with my Tanfo.

I think they're waiting for a price drop in enos for your SV. Drop it and someone should be snapping that up.

Ryan

Ron,

Getting rid of anything? Like that STI Trojan in a .40?

Ryan

My Trojan is a 45, but my Nowlin is a 40. Not selling them.

Other than the scope and mount I have for sale, I really don't have anything to sell.

However there are some small items I need to get rid of as soon as I get a chance to list them.

The small number of guns I have all have a role in what I shoot.

However if the purse strings ever get released or I get a raise, I would like to get a few things and maybe sell something.

But the odds are stacked against me on either of those 2 things happening.:icon_e_sad:

My Trojan is a 45, but my Nowlin is a 40. Not selling them.

Other than the scope and mount I have for sale, I really don't have anything to sell.

However there are some small items I need to get rid of as soon as I get a chance to list them.

The small number of guns I have all have a role in what I shoot.

However if the purse strings ever get released or I get a raise, I would like to get a few things and maybe sell something.

But the odds are stacked against me on either of those 2 things happening.:icon_e_sad:

I feel you bud. I was looking at my small collection and figured all I need is a 1911.

I really need to find one gun to shoot for USPSA so I can start getting consistent. I know it's the indian and not the arrow but all these guns, so many to choose from. If I could do it all again, I would have bought an STI Eagle, mags, extra parts, and gear. I would have cried once but would have been worth the investment.

Anyway, did you see Luis' new purchase. That was a nice gun!

Ryan

I feel you bud. I was looking at my small collection and figured all I need is a 1911.

I really need to find one gun to shoot for USPSA so I can start getting consistent. I know it's the indian and not the arrow but all these guns, so many to choose from. If I could do it all again, I would have bought an STI Eagle, mags, extra parts, and gear. I would have cried once but would have been worth the investment.

Anyway, did you see Luis' new purchase. That was a nice gun!

Ryan

Yeah it's a nice gun, but my Brazos is nicer!

Everyone should have a 1911, so buy one.

You don't need to buy new **** right away, just use what you have and go from there.

Practice, practice, practice.

That's a nice looking gun.

Thanks, Its a fun shooting gun. Trigger jobs are easy on the tanfo, no need to send it out to Canyon Creek.

Maksim, if you have a Trojan 40 that you are interested in trading for a Tanfo, let me know. My back up is low round count, EGW Sear, Henning grips and front sight

Thanks, Its a fun shooting gun. Trigger jobs are easy on the tanfo, no need to send it out to Canyon Creek.

Maksim, if you have a Trojan 40 that you are interested in trading for a Tanfo, let me know. My back up is low round count, EGW Sear, Henning grips and front sight

Hey 2Alpha, I was thinking of putting the henning flat trigger on my Tanfo. You wouldn't happen to have tried it in your tanfo? Also, I know nothing about guns. Just been reading as much as I can on the net and I'm not comfortable doing a trigger job myself. Did you do your own trigger job or did someone here in NJ did it for you?

Hey 2Alpha, I was thinking of putting the henning flat trigger on my Tanfo. You wouldn't happen to have tried it in your tanfo? Also, I know nothing about guns. Just been reading as much as I can on the net and I'm not comfortable doing a trigger job myself. Did you do your own trigger job or did someone here in NJ did it for you?

My back up gun has a medium flat trigger on it. Don't really care for it and was thinking of going back to the curved, A flat trigger on a hinged mechanism doesn't feel right to me, its like my finger is slipping off the trigger face.

For trigger jobs, I had help with one as I needed to have the holes reamed out for oversized pins (henning parts), The other I did myself (EGW). If you get henning prepped sear, it might drop right in or will only need a little bit of work, mine dropped in fine but nneded work to prevent hammer bounce when dry firing. A EGW sear will need a lot more fitting on the sear leg and safety leg. Then you just polish all the parts, pretty easy.