ronhonda

USPSA @ Old Bridge 11/27/11

Should have stayed home, man did I shoot like crap and the one stage I had a plan prior to shooting it and did shoot it the way I wanted will probably be tossed out for some squads shooing it different. Anyway, was good to see everyone, too bad we didn't get all squadded together, we did have all of us on 1 clipboards but that was changed to split up new and spread our people who were RO's from what I heard.

Anyway, a few of the folks that came out to get put on the standby list did make it so that was good, and it sounds like 3 people were DQ'd prior to the start or right at the start, sorry to hear that but it did open a few more slots for people to shoot.

Overall a great weather day, hope the rest did well, but I'll say to start just a bit past the start time and getting 7 stages in the squad I was on was finished and put out stage away by 1530, home by 1550 and showered and ready to take the family out for dinner, so I guess I can't complain.

Harry you're not the only one who shot like crap. I feel like I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. It was a beautiful day though, and like you said it was great to see everyone. I've got some video of some of our squad, but my battery was getting low towards the end so I missed a few of the later stages. I'll get to work on it and post them up later.

Yep, so now that I am back at home.

Fun day, great weather, tough match.

Shot well, no stupid mistakes, just some mikes on shots which I should of slow down on.

Quite a few DQ's and DNF.

Great seeing a bunch of folks and thanks wifey to helping score. =)

Thanks again Maks for loaning the belt. My brother really appreciated it. Now he's looking into getting a rig.

Wow I knew I did poorly but that was pretty crappy. Oh well I had fun. Hopefully I can find a PPQ holster and try with that. :)

Tell your brother he is quite welcome. Just feel bad my 1911 holster did not fit his railed gun.

Having a proper belt/holster/pouches goes a long way towards having a good start, especially since everything is in the same repeatable position on the belt.

Glad you two had a good time. Most of all, safe match.

This is not IDPA. =P More movement, more freestyle, more competition. =)