ronhonda

USPSA @ Old Bridge 11/27/11

Well I didn't zero the classifier, I figured with zeroing a stage for a problem and having a mag follower not help me on another, I guess I can't complain.

I guess I have to look at it as any safe day of shooting and seeing friends is a good day.

Overall, it was a fun match! It was great meeting all forum members yesterday. Too bad, some didn't make it.

I did some stages well and in some I sucked. We have a great squad with a mix of very experienced shooters and newbies like me.

AS350Driver - thanks for the video. Sorry, I forgot your "real" name. :icon_e_sad: I also took videos and I'll try to post it later today.

I was surprised how little ammo I used up in the match. I just went a little over 3 boxes yesterday. Normally, for the OBRPC matches, I finish around 4-5 boxes (depending on how much I miss :sarcastichand:).

I know what u mean, i used exactly 150 rounds yesterday, no more, no less. I too seem to recall using more like 200 or so in previous matches earlier in the year but i guess each match is different with the cumulative round count.

I was surprised how little ammo I used up in the match. I just went a little over 3 boxes yesterday. Normally, for the OBRPC matches, I finish around 4-5 boxes (depending on how much I miss :sarcastichand:).

Yea it was nice in that regard, lower round count stages also let us get done before it got dark out.

I have been keeping a round count on the kimber, shot 137 rounds yesterday.

I have been keeping a round count on the kimber, shot 137 rounds yesterday.

137 rounds, Tony!!! Wow, you shot well. :good:

With my extra ammo, I'm thinking of using it all up at the Indoor Action shoot (at OBRPC) this Friday evening ;)

147 rounds.

Maks, I see you're shooting limited 10. Any reason why you're not doing limited? I think you can get a 15 rd mag for pistol which would be ideal if shooting in NJ.

I'm asking because I'm seriously considering shooting limited next year with either a CZ TS or a Tanfo Limited in 40S&W. If I sell some stuff (like a kidney), I might even go for an STI EDGE. :icon_mrgreen:

I would appreciate your input.

Maks, I see you're shooting limited 10. Any reason why you're not doing limited? I think you can get a 15 rd mag for pistol which would be ideal if shooting in NJ.

I'm asking because I'm seriously considering shooting limited next year with either a CZ TS or a Tanfo Limited in 40S&W. If I sell some stuff (like a kidney), I might even go for an STI EDGE. :icon_mrgreen:

I shoot limited now, and after I get rated I'll work on L./10 so I get to practice getting quicker with my mag changes and keep in the major PF. After that I'll switch it up with Production and see how it goes.

Just finished up a few test load for .40 minor today and crono'd them, will be nice for steel but need to wait for another tool head and associated parts to set up for Major next. Now to crank out a couple thousand minor loads to hold me over.

The next time you see me, ask to try out the CZ 75 TS, I usually have it with me.

Rey,

I like shooting L10. =) but actually, the downside of the tanfoglio's, the 40 cal mags that up until recently are made by MecGar, are not readily reliable for 15 rounds. With 10 rounds, no issues. The new MecGar made mags are reliable and work well.

If I am shooting a major match with 15 rounders, I am down 5 rounds versus others.

If you want to shoot my tanfo, let me know. I am actually now considering selling it, and or I do have an SVI Infinity that is avail.