Turboprop21

Magpul IPhone 4 (2nd Gen Case)

We all know what they look like, but I just wanted to give a real quick review of the case. I picked one up for my iPhone 4s in OD. Overall excellent feel in the hand, and if you ever felt one of their mags then you'd know exactly what I mean. Best of all it's not bulky at all. Plan to pick another one up in pink or orange for the wife.

I have one as well for my 4. Like Steph said, not much of a protective case, but a hell of a lot cheaper than the alternatives that provide as little protection. I'm not overly concerned about scratches, as those can be easily protected, or waterproofing. I am concerned about shock-proofing (as in the trauma caused if the phone is dropped), but I'm a skeptic when it comes to any of the current types of cases out there, regardless of what they advertise.

I have one as well for my 4. Like Steph said, not much of a protective case, but a hell of a lot cheaper than the alternatives that provide as little protection. I'm not overly concerned about scratches, as those can be easily protected, or waterproofing. I am concerned about shock-proofing (as in the trauma caused if the phone is dropped), but I'm a skeptic when it comes to any of the current types of cases out there, regardless of what they advertise.

I have had an otterbox on EVERY phone I have had for the past 4 years or so.. and working in the business I have tried MANY cases... otterbox is the slimmest most durable protection available... IMO

screen protector + hard shell + rubber shock absorbing case.. and all pretty slim

Ha, I'm not saying Otterboxes are bad, jeeeez, so quick to get offended. I'm simply saying that I don't require something that can deter ICBMs, and, hence, I don't see the point of shelling out the amount of money for the Otterboxes that might even be worth the money. If that is a requirement for someone, so be it.

However, the Magpul cases are a good stop-gap as they are dirt cheap, and provide a basic level of protection that the faux-leather cases that are $20-30+ may provide.

ETA: I had to ask, how many phones have you gone through in the past four years, vlad? Haha, you make it sound like it is an extreme number :icon_mrgreen:

Ha, I'm not saying Otterboxes are bad, jeeeez, so quick to get offended. I'm simply saying that I don't require something that can deter ICBMs, and, hence, I don't see the point of shelling out the amount of money for the Otterboxes that might even be worth the money. If that is a requirement for someone, so be it.

However, the Magpul cases are a good stop-gap as they are dirt cheap, and provide a basic level of protection that the faux-leather cases that are $20-30+ may provide.

I'm gonna channel a bit of Shane here and tell you "Buy once, Cry once." Followed by the simple question, "How much does a new iPhone screen cost?"...

Yeah - ICBMs - International Cadre of Bastard Murphy's, my Otterbox has met those guys. BTW, the Otterbox has a lifetime warranty so if your "rubber" is broken you can get a new one free.

ETA: I had to ask, how many phones have you gone through in the past four years, vlad? Haha, you make it sound like it is an extreme number :icon_mrgreen:

for the record.. I am rarely offended.. im an animated person and just get caught up in discussion.. my enthusiasm is not to sway you.. but instead just my nature.. I have been through MANY phones.. but not because they broke..... instead because of my job.. lol you may have no use for an otterbox.. I was just saying.. for me.. they have been great.. I am pretty rough on them... and the case has done its job time and time again...

Otterbox is cool if you want a big bulky case. I have one and use it occasionall. I know four people who use the magpul case. It's great for what it is... I have dropped my phone in it and it was not broken. My sister and girlfriend liked it so much they bought one. It's very thin and a bargan at $9.

Funny enough, one of the guys I worked with today just got a Commuter case for his iPhone 4 yesterday, so I was able to see one up close. Pretty sleek ergonomics, and definitely felt more solid than the Magpul case. He said he could get one for me for pennies on the dollar, so, I guess I'll be trying one out soon enough.