StephanieSeven

Caliper & Digital Scale Recommendation

My harbor freight digital does great for what i need. When I start loading I test it on a known length piece of metal on my bench. I've had the caliper for about 3 years now and not one issue. The batteries last forever too. I have only replaced them twice. I buy spares and keep them on hand just in case.

I am anti digital when it comes to reloading. I like dial calipers and balance beam scales. A lot boils dowm to personal preference but my stuff does not run low on batteries. I too have an older Lyman caliper but the one on sale at Midway will work just fine from what I have seen.

Get a digital and a dial compare both and go. Harbor freight has good deals on calipers.

As for a scale;

I used a dillon scale and loved it. Currently I use this scale at home and at work.

Pact BBK2 http://www.midwayusa.com/product/883267/pact-bbk-2-electronic-powder-scale-750-grain-capacity-110-volt

The RCBS Chargemaster 1500 is an awesome digital scale. I have 3 RCBS scales, 505, 750, and 1500. I like the 1500 the most. The 750 is also excellent, but needs some warm-up time to stabilize. The 1500 has a larger display and no warm up time needed. Check out some online reviews.