G115BA

Ammo sales to NJ

As we were discussing in another thread, their site says they won't ship handgun ammo (likely because of our crazy laws required an FID), but as j0n said they apparently will ship if you call them. I just took it as a sign and started looking elsewhere and wound up finding better prices from other companies.

The Law says:

No person shall sell, give, transfer, assign or otherwise dispose of, or receive, purchase, or otherwise acquire handgun ammunition unless the purchaser, assignee, donee, receiver or holder is licensed as a manufacturer, wholesaler, or dealer under this chapter or is the holder of and possesses a valid firearms purchaser identification card, a valid copy of a permit to purchase a handgun, or a valid permit to carry a handgun and first exhibits such card or permit to the seller, donor, transferor or assignor.

* This is the portion of the law that seller's get stuck on. They (Ammoman, et.al.) take it to mean it must be presented in person. Where they get that I do not know. :icon_rolleyes:

This gets brought up a lot, especially with Midway.

If I were you, I would patronize another company. I buy online A LOT and I don't think I have ever once bought off Midway. Their ammo prices are anything but low, at least in what I am looking for.

Their are numerous other sites that have much better prices and won't give you a hassle about living in NJ.

There is no law preventing ammo sales to NJ but there are several companies that choose not to do business here. I cannot blame them for not wanting to get involved with a risk that a misinterpreted regulation or even a minor administrative error can turn into a pile of trouble. NJ gun laws are deliberately designed to intimidate law abiding people from any involvement in firearms for fear of legal penalties.

Call them and tell them you have an NJ FPID and can email them a copy.

+1

I've done this and then they will send you handgun ammo.

Midway doesn't have the best prices, but I needed .41 mag ammo and they were the best choice that actually had any in stock.