RAL1979

AK mags illegal?

Perhaps they were trying to cover their asses legally because you used the term "AK Mags". I'm not sure what the proper NJPC term is... "NJ Compliant AK Variant Mag"?

You can own AK mags, bayonets, and other parts... just not the gun itself.

You can own AK mags, bayonets, and other parts... just not the gun itself.

You can own an AK, even if it was stamped "Avtomat Kalashnikov type" so long as it doesnt have 2 or more features. If it doesnt have 2 or more features it is not substantially identical to an "Avtomat Kalashnikov type" even if thats what it says, but I digress :thsmiley_deadhorse:

• Like 1

You can own an AK, even if it was stamped "Avtomat Kalashnikov type" so long as it doesnt have 2 or more features. If it doesnt have 2 or more features it is not substantially identical to an "Avtomat Kalashnikov type" even if thats what it says, but I digress :thsmiley_deadhorse:

Very true, but .......

DKmag has/had 10 round (double stack) AK mags for like $12 and will ship to NJ..

I ordered some KVAR 10 AK round mags.. (they are not cheap)

You can always ship them to someone in PA and neuter them to 15 from say 20 round Hungarian Tanker types.. (thats what I did).. there not as noticable at the range either as 30's..

We talked about this before, the NJ AG is little by little scaring the shiznit out of NJ dealers "compelling" them to not deal with anything that remotely looks , smells, or feels AK-ish.

Regardless of the statutes and NJAC, these folks don't have the financial or intestinal fortitude to put up a legal fight when the stakes are bankruptcy and prison time versus making a few bucks in sales. I don't blame them.

Once the NJ guberment sees they can bully dealers into submission regarding the sales of guns that have an AK style, who's to stop them from going beyond that. Looks like a run at revoking the NJAC AWB evil feature list guidelines, and going back to the "unconstitutionally vague" statutes list being the legal test giving NJ prosecutors a free for all in going after pretty much any EBR type gun out there. Afterall, the original NJ AWB is still the law of the land. The NJAC are just guidelines and can be stricken out at any time.

We talked about this before, the NJ AG is little by little scaring the shiznit out of NJ dealers "compelling" them to not deal with anything that remotely looks , smells, or feels AK-ish.

Regardless of the statutes and NJAC, these folks don't have the financial or intestinal fortitude to put up a legal fight when the stakes are bankruptcy and prison time versus making a few bucks in sales. I don't blame them.

Once the NJ guberment sees they can bully dealers into submission regarding the sales of guns that have an AK style, who's to stop them from going beyond that. Looks like a run at revoking the NJAC AWB evil feature list guidelines, and going back to the "unconstitutionally vague" statutes list being the legal test giving NJ prosecutors a free for all in going after pretty much any EBR type gun out there. Afterall, the original NJ AWB is still the law of the land. The NJAC are just guidelines and can be stricken out at any time.

the whole thing is silly.. because of the following.. EVEN IF an "ak47" is banned.. the gun being banned does NOT mean magazines for that gun are illegal.. so even if you assume an AK47 is illegal.. there is NOTHING to make 15 round AK47 magazines illegal.. end of story.. and ANY shop telling you that is just spewing misinformation and should be avoided..

• Like 3

So I went to Bullet Hole to see what they had for AK mags, and I was told they are illegal and could not be sold or ordered in NJ. Now I know this can't be true but has anyone else been told this?

Consider the source.

• Like 3

They ran Sarco out of NJ, and he was fighting them the whole way. It wasn't for lack of money either, it's just because he was in NJ. Had those events happened in another state, there wouldn't have been an issue.