AverageJoe

Possible Issue w/USA Ammo New 9mm 115g Lot#16081130

Another update. Yesterday I called them up, s/w a girl who was really nice and wanted to help...She stated she will email me a return shipping label so I can ship back the remaining ammo that I have(around 380 rounds maybe?). And that I either have my choice of a full refund or to receive another order, this time for their new 124g ammo(being they're not offering the 115g). I didn't recieve the shipping label yesterday so I called back and s/w her again today...she looked it up and said it shows that she did send it...only thing I can thing of is Google blocked the email from Fedex.com...not in spam folder either. So I had her resend it to my work email, received it in 2 minutes. I'll be shipping it back tomorrow....the wheels are turing.

snip

only thing I can thing of is Google blocked the email from Fedex.com...not in spam folder either. So I had her resend it to my work email, received it in 2 minutes. I'll be shipping it back tomorrow....the wheels are turing.

snip

google would block that..as in GMail???

Another update. Yesterday I called them up, s/w a girl who was really nice and wanted to help...She stated she will email me a return shipping label so I can ship back the remaining ammo that I have(around 380 rounds maybe?). And that I either have my choice of a full refund or to receive another order, this time for their new 124g ammo(being they're not offering the 115g). I didn't recieve the shipping label yesterday so I called back and s/w her again today...she looked it up and said it shows that she did send it...only thing I can thing of is Google blocked the email from Fedex.com...not in spam folder either. So I had her resend it to my work email, received it in 2 minutes. I'll be shipping it back tomorrow....the wheels are turing.

Are you going to try the 124g? I was going to order a bunch from usa ammo till I read this thread. Please let us know if you decide to try the ammo if it is good. Thanks

google would block that..as in GMail???

Yea, thats the only thing I can think of...not sure if it got bounced back to them or not...I just know I didn't get it to my gmail, but I got it to my work email.

Are you going to try the 124g? I was going to order a bunch from usa ammo till I read this thread. Please let us know if you decide to try the ammo if it is good. Thanks

I'm going to problaby take the 124g and then sell it.

Ok, so hopefully this will be the last update of this thread. FedEx just dropped off the new 124g ammo. Upon initial visual inspection, it seems as if they got it right this time.Whoever they got as their new manufacture looks like they did a good job. They are packed loosely 50 to a box(no tray), and the first two I measured were both .354.5. They used Aguila brass and the bullets just look like a nicer bullet as well. Only thing different I noticed is I'm guessing that line on the brass is a crimp marking? Never was that on any other ammo I've shot. Not sure if I'm gonna keep them or sell them yet.

2-115g on the left and 2-124g on the right

IMAG0385.jpg

IIRC, Aguila uses a cannelure at the base of the bullet to prevent setback. They may just have sent you new Aguila ammo.

Interesting...how would one actually know? Also I did notice there isn't a separate lot # stamped on the box like the previous 115g. Unless its part of the bar code?

IMAG0387.jpg

is it only the 9mm stuff that had issues. I am thinking about using them to purchase other calibers

They've had problems in the past as well with .223 ammo causing AR to blow up. This was my first experience with USA Ammo and most likely my last. Bad ammo(not worth the risk), not one email returned, taking persistent and follow up phone calls to get anything resolved...I mean this thread is almost a month old....not my idea of the kind of company I want to support.

Honestly a lot of us here have used USA Ammo with no issues. I use their 9mm. I know Harry uses their .380.

Yup, down to just over 1K of .380 left, went through about 3500-4000 rounds of USA ammo and no issues. Also the 9mm ammo I have from them, never an issues with well over 5K through my G19 and now feeding the rest of it through the CZ 85B Combat with no issues at all.

• Like 1

Honestly a lot of us here have used USA Ammo with no issues. I use their 9mm. I know Harry uses their .380.

I just ordered another 500 rounds of 9mm.