paulnj088

Vizsla pup

Wojo got his under circumstances similar to a shelter save so I don't know if he will be able to turn you onto a breeder.

If you want a hunting dog, someone found a pointer about 2 wks ago that probably is already trained and knows exactly what to do, unless she's already become part of the family.

http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?pet_breed=viszla&animal_type=Dog&location=08034

Please try here if you are open to the idea of an older dog. I rescued a 4yo English Setter and I could not be happier. This is my third ES and I found out that someone spent alot of time training this dog, he has a stylish point, he knows some hand commands, good voice command and will retrieve. You might be very surpised by what you find.

Total... that is great news. Keep me informed or shoot me the link on the dog your interested.

Any dog... especially hunting dogs taken out of shelters makes me a happy man. Heck my wife hit me up for another ES last night.

By the way, if anyone likes English Setters and would like to adopt one I highly recomend this group to deal with.

http://www.esrescue.org/

I do volunteer underground railroad (dog transports) runs for them every once in awhile and fostered my current dog with them. These are caring folks with common sense approach to rescues.

• Like 1

Sorry about the hijack, paulnj088.

Been looking at this one..http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/21274057

Just going back and forth with the wife about it. We have the space and time, even the desire. But the practical side has to ask, two Weims? One we can and do bring with us just about everywhere, again two is pushing it. I'll have a decision soon, but if the support group would like to chime in, I'm all ears.

Mine.

IMG_0041.jpg

two is always more easy to handle... they entertain each other and keep each other calm during times of stress. Thats always been my argument.

One of my best friends is a vet and she always has weims... I love that Blue girl. go get her.

I use to do a lot of work with dogs. Interned with literally one of the most respected trainers nationally and internationally.

One of the resources I point all my friends to when they are getting a dog or have a dog is ... www.dogstardaily.com. Excellent site and a few free ebooks especially valuable when getting a puppy.

Good luck

Does your weim have horrible breathe. My brother's girl is just downright nasty lol

That's a health issue and usually indicates tarter and plaque build-up on the teeth. The dog should go to a vet and have its teeth professionally cleaned. Once that is done there are a number of "doggie dental" chew toys to help maintain clean teeh & gums and good breath.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

They've been to countless vets about this problem and have tried everything under the sun. A few vets have even told them that it's typical for that type of dog to have bad breathe.

All I know is it's straight up nasty lol

Maybe the dog is licking its a** too much or raiding the cat litter box. Just sayin....

Love my Vizsla. She was shelter pup that was 10 weeks old when we got her. Previous owner had her for two weeks and couldn't handle it...She came from a breeder in TN that specialized in breeding Vizsla's for hunting.

My plan was to get a whim before but heard they aren't the best with real young kids. I like the larger size for the black bear problem I have. Although, my dog has no fear of the chronic problem bears I deal with on a regular basis.

I would love to get a very rare dog in this country, a rough-haired Slovakian pointer, which would be very similar to a rough haired Weimer... or a Pudelpointer or Wire Haired pointing griffon because they don't shed. My wife loves Vizlas but they shed. They should be good with children.

http://www.slovakian...terclub.org.uk/

To you guys with Vizlas, do you find that they like to try to burrow under your skin? I raised one years ago when I lived with my parents. She thought she was a lap dog, but she wasn't satisfied with just laying on your lap, she wanted to burrow into us! Very, very energetic dogs to say the least!

One thing I thought was neat, it was like she had enough extra skin for another dog to fit into. Could pull the skin on the top of her head and make a second set of ears. :)

My Vizsla is hyper-energetic, like they all are. He has a fantastic temperament, not a mean bone in his body. My nieces and nephews could do anything and I wouldn't worry about him with them. He is currently in birddog training at Longview kennels in PA. I will get him back in two months. Can't wait to take him out for pheasant and chukar.

Our old Vizsla, His name was Hunter. Best birddog we ever had. Very fast & very energetic. We used to have to run some energy out of him prior to hunting because he would run so far ahead of us being so excited.

n689486071_2357008_1505.jpg

To you guys with Vizlas, do you find that they like to try to burrow under your skin? I raised one years ago when I lived with my parents. She thought she was a lap dog, but she wasn't satisfied with just laying on your lap, she wanted to burrow into us! Very, very energetic dogs to say the least!

One thing I thought was neat, it was like she had enough extra skin for another dog to fit into. Could pull the skin on the top of her head and make a second set of ears. :)

The poor dogs have no fur... they are freaking cold. My setters get this way in the winter... I can barely keep my 4yo boy off of me currently.