hd2000fxdl

Obrpc Uspsa December Classifier

Not sure the total round count, but that may not be that far off, but I wouldn't bring a box of 50 only. :o

True, I was thinking they are either going to run it this way or, the 4 stations like they do for the speed drills for indoor, depending on course of fire. Well see. Im curious about what stages they plan on using.

True, I was thinking they are either going to run it this way or, the 4 stations like they do for the speed drills for indoor, depending on course of fire. Well see. Im curious about what stages they plan on using.

Me to, but it wouldn't be like I have to to setup and practice them, but just to satisfy my curiosity. I'll take it as practice for X-Mas day. :icon_mrgreen:

Virginia Count? Who/what is that?

Reloads during the course of fire? If so, will I get in trouble if I decide to reload with a round or two left in the moonclip?

I've been "docked" before for doing that. Was told I had to use ALL the loaded ammo BEFORE reloading.

Not that I care, just asking...............

Reloads during the course of fire? If so, will I get in trouble if I decide to reload with a round or two left in the moonclip?

I've been "docked" before for doing that. Was told I had to use ALL the loaded ammo BEFORE reloading.

You do care, it will have a big impact on your score if it's Virginia count and you don't do it right.

Virginia Count you are limited on the number of shots per target, many times 2. Comstock when you see you may have had a bad hit or miss you can makeup the shot, Virginia count Don't Do That.

Some stages may require a reload, some may not. Will see what the stages look like on Friday. A bunch of us will be there to walk you though what you need to know, and you will get a safety briefing as well from Eric or one of the others running the match.

It's not hard, you will be fine and if we started explaining in words, it probably would just confuse you. If you like and want to read over the rule book (good thing to do if you have time) here it is.

This isn't IDPA, it's USPSA. You can reload whenever you want to as long as you reload when required to during a classifier. Virginia count means that there are a specified number of shots and hits. Lets say a course is 6 targets, 2 hits each, 12 shots. You shoot 13. one penalty. You shoot 14... 2 penalties. If you go score, and for your 14 shots, there are 13 hits.. 3 penalties. Only 12 hits for your 14 shots, 2 penalties. extra shot is -10, extra hit is -10. If you aren't a USPSA member, the classifier match isn't for you as space is limited, and the scores couldn't eb filed for you anyway.

This isn't IDPA, it's USPSA. You can reload whenever you want to as long as you reload when required to during a classifier. Virginia count means that there are a specified number of shots and hits. Lets say a course is 6 targets, 2 hits each, 12 shots. You shoot 13. one penalty. You shoot 14... 2 penalties. If you go score, and for your 14 shots, there are 13 hits.. 3 penalties. Only 12 hits for your 14 shots, 2 penalties. extra shot is -10, extra hit is -10. If you aren't a USPSA member, the classifier match isn't for you as space is limited, and the scores couldn't eb filed for you anyway.

Doesn't he have the ability to join the USPSA at the match like a normal OD match or do I have it wrong?

Guess I will find-out Friday night Harry. When I registered I said I was not a member. I will be there early to help setup so I will have a clue as to what they are doing.

I shot indoors with Eric and Vlad a few weeks ago so they know who I am and that I know how to handle a gun and shoot. I shot all four course of fires they had setup and did decent (for a newbie!).

I did ask prior to each stage if I knew I missed a target if extra shots counted against me. For the first two stages I was allowed to (but didn't need to except for the steels). The last two stages we were not allowed to or there would be penalties. I did not have to since I hit everything I should have so all was good.

That was fun! Why am I still up?

I got some footage of Mike DiGennaro (a GM) who said I could use the footage.

I'm gonna do a vid themed Shmo VS Pro where it's my footage vs his footage

side by side so people can see just how much faster a GM shoots compared

to an average shooter. Should be interesting, and kind of embarrassing, but

in a good way. :)

That was fun! Why am I still up?

I got some footage of Mike DiGennaro (a GM) who said I could use the footage.

I'm gonna do a vid themed Shmo VS Pro where it's my footage vs his footage

side by side so people can see just how much faster a GM shoots compared

to an average shooter. Should be interesting, and kind of embarrassing, but

in a good way. :)

It is not all about speed, but also accuracy and just overall competence. It is not difficult to shoot fast, it is difficult to shoot at the edge of the envelope of accuracy.

What classifiers were shot??

Harry, I am afraid to look.................

Had a bent moon clip and was only able to fire 2 out of 6 rounds on the last stage I was on. Probably didn't matter, I'd be better-off throwing the gun at the targets. You shot great, and that gun is LOUD! Can't believe we were both shooting .40 cal.

Harry, I am afraid to look.................

Had a bent moon clip and was only able to fire 2 out of 6 rounds on the last stage I was on. Probably didn't matter, I'd be better-off throwing the gun at the targets. You shot great, and that gun is LOUD! Can't believe we were both shooting .40 cal.

Yea, when I put Factory ammo, doesn't matter Federal A&E, Lawman, USAammo, it all loud for some reason, strange, but it is what it is. I didn't think I did good at all, but after looking at where I placed overall, well me just say, I was very surprised.

And like Maks said, your only competing against others in your division and regular USPSA matches while there are some, there are not that many people shooting revolver iron.

See ya tomorrow morning, see how I do with the new to me CZ 85B Combat and my GSG 1911.