hd2000fxdl

Obrpc Uspsa December Classifier

What is a classifier? Do you need to do this prior to shooting in a USPSA match? Was thinking of trying one of these matches next year, what is needed to do prior?

Each USPSA match has 1 classifier, this one I believe will have 4. They are what gets you ranked, this one is limited on the number of people so I'm not sure what I am going to shoot if I get a slot, but probably Limited division.

If you want to get into USPSA style shooting, it would be best to hit one of the other indoor matches at OB, they are on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of the month, just this month is a special one. I am not sure if you need to have a USPSA number to enter this one, but I am not sure this would be the best introduction but if they let new shooters in I would take a shot at it.

So you coming out to shoot steel on the 18th if the weather is good and the match is still on.

I did an indoor shoot at OB last week, is was a USPSA match, we had four stages. I think they said the last stage, maybe last two, were qualifiers (classifier, new to these terms), but had no clue what they meant, I was just there to shoot! Eric and Vlad were running it.

I do not have a USPSA number. Another guy named Mike was also using a revolver that night (just him and I were) and he showed me his card with his # and all the classes he had classifications for.

What is on the 18th? Is it knockdown steel where we stand in one spot or is it run and gun or is it that other thing where you shoot several steel targets a few times in a row to see your best time?

Damn, too many different types of shoooooooting to do! :)

Classifier tells you how awesome you are. hehehe

Typically OB does not do a classifier at the indoor match?

This sunday at CJRPC we are running a uspsa match, with classifier.

Join at the range, it is $40 for 1 year USPSA... and your first match is free. Beyond that, $20 for uspsa matches if you are a member, $25 if you are not. $5 off if you are a member of the local club.

I did an indoor shoot at OB last week, is was a USPSA match, we had four stages. I think they said the last stage, maybe last two, were qualifiers (classifier, new to these terms), but had no clue what they meant, I was just there to shoot! Eric and Vlad were running it.

I do not have a USPSA number. Another guy named Mike was also using a revolver that night (just him and I were) and he showed me his card with his # and all the classes he had classifications for.

What is on the 18th? Is it knockdown steel where we stand in one spot or is it run and gun or is it that other thing where you shoot several steel targets a few times in a row to see your best time?

Damn, too many different types of shoooooooting to do! :)

Mike - did you check the scores? You "beat" the other Mike. Time to get the gear and your USPSA #. Looks like USPSA is for you!!! :good:

The indoor match is not an actual USPSA match except for the one special match a year. Due to time, the second two stages are usually speed shoots, which are stand and shoot stages much like most of the classifiers are, but they are not actually USPSA classifiers unless someone changed something. Given the griping I have heard about availability of people to cover for the match given Eric's job moving him around, I doubt that has changed.

Mike - did you check the scores? You "beat" the other Mike. Time to get the gear and your USPSA #. Looks like USPSA is for you!!! :good:

Someone must have added wrong!

I know there was a screw-up on the stage that had the knockdown steel. While I did hit everything somehow they had my time around 7 seconds or something crazy like that! No way did I do that entire stage that quick. I bet you it took 7 seconds to shoot through that tube at the steel! Takes me a few seonds just to unload and reload the moonclips.

Someone must have added wrong!

I know there was a screw-up on the stage that had the knockdown steel. While I did hit everything somehow they had my time around 7 seconds or something crazy like that! No way did I do that entire stage that quick. I bet you it took 7 seconds to shoot through that tube at the steel! Takes me a few seonds just to unload and reload the moonclips.

You're just being modest! You need to be at the next shoot just to confirm.

BTW, I was shooting Production but was scored as SingleStack "Minor".

Ok, I registered, I think........ I have not participated in a USPSA event, unless the Indoor Action Shooting I did two weeks ago with Vlad and Eric at OBRPC was a USPSA event. I certainly have not joined that organization. I guess if I registered correctly and there is still room I will be there with my revolver.

Not going. Recently made A class, so not much point given I have zero time to practice. If I lucked into an m card, that would suck. So figured I'd leave a slot for someone who'd find it more useful.

If anyone is interested, we can try to get the NJGF guys squadded together. Just throwing it out there

Sounds like a plan, but more than likely we will be split into 2 groups and both groups will be together when not shooting, after all it's an indoor range and probably only 2 of the 4 classifiers setup at any given time. That how I think it will go thinking it will be run like the normal ID USPSA Light matches.

I assume the round count is 48? From what I know classifiers are usually 12 rounds virginia count.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

classifiers are all sorts of lengths. 6, 12, 18, and 24 are very common round counts for VC classifiers. Given what classifiers will fit indoors, 100 rounds should be more than enough, even if you need a reshoot. Technically, I believe they could fit 3 18s and a 24, but probably won't.