Malsua

Open Carrier Shot And Killed When Gun Taken By Thug

This moron had his gun taken away from him and shot with it because he was in condition white. He had no situational awareness. When you carry, concealed or open, you need to have a heightened level of SA; even more so when you carry open. Your head needs to be on a swivel. You need to be aware of who is behind you so something like this doesn't happen to you. Open carry isn't a stupid thing to do. Being a sheep while open carrying, on the other hand, is a great way to have yourself removed from the gene pool.

not to be cold.. but I agree completely.. when I carry my gun.. my hand is just about always VERY close to it.. to the point where I reach for things with my weak hand to allow the strong hand to always be free for my weapon.. at this point.. itis second nature.. I dont even think about it..

Carrying a gun without being aware of whats going on is a recipe for disaster. How does someone make a beeline for you and you don't get a little cautious/defensive?

A gun is not magic it's a tool. Just like a well placed .22 is better than a .45 miss.

"Johnson declined to discuss the specifics of the suspects' prior cases because they involve juvenile records, including what sentences they received."

Im sorry...what sentences...? if they got anything near what they deserved then i fail to see how they could be walking around on the streets, killing people. If anything, i would sue the **** out of the state for not keeping these low life scum bags in some detention center.... august this year? with prior convictions.... I just CAN'T believe how we let these people walk the streets but will gladly give Aiken 10 years... only in NJ

This isn't the Wild West. If you are open carrying, and you do not have proper retention and hand to hand combat training, chances are you are going to get seriously fucked up if someone tries to snatch your gun. Case in point, the original post.

It doesn't matter you've got your shiny 1911 with the deadliest hollowpoints you could possibly find on the internet, tucked in your $120 holster. If you're old, fat, can't fight, or all of the above, someone is going to snatch that gun right out from you, or even just kick your a** and take it.

Most of these guys carry a gun openly like it's their second cock, and get away with it safely because they live either in some rural area where everyone's friendly anyway.

Sorry that sounds harsh, but it's true.

• Like 2

This isn't the Wild West. If you are open carrying, and you do not have proper retention and hand to hand combat training, chances are you are going to get seriously fucked up if someone tries to snatch your gun. Case in point, the original post.

I do agree with this. There is way more shootings and crime here in New Jersey than the Wild West. I would say you are more likely to have someone try something here, as the criminals have lived so long without fear that they just don't even know when to have it.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter you've got your shiny 1911 with the deadliest hollowpoints you could possibly find on the internet, tucked in your $120 holster. If you're old, fat, can't fight, or all of the above, someone is going to snatch that gun right out from you, or even just kick your a** and take it.

Most of these guys carry a gun openly like it's their second cock, and get away with it safely because they live either in some rural area where everyone's friendly anyway.

Sorry that sounds harsh, but it's true.

I wouldn't take it to that extreme. So everyone that has a nice house/car/trophy wife is trying to add on a few inches?

You do realize in this country, whether we agree with it or not, no matter what we think, people have the right to Open Carry, and I doubt the large percentage of them are doing it to increase their manhood, but rather in their own way, they feel safer and are doing what they deem necessary to protect themselves.

You may think they are doing OC to increase manhood, they may think you CCW under your clothes like a ghetto person to increase your manhood.

Get over it. People will do as they please, stop worrying about them, and start worrying about yourself. If someone is "fat, stupid, untrained", they are the ones that will be hurt, not you.

Its like smoking.... it is bad for you, but do you make it your own case to go to every smoker outside and preach to them?

• Like 1

when I open carry I do it because it is comfortable.. and I am familiar and feel safe with the environment I am going to be in.. I still pay attention to what I am doing.. and trust me.. I am not trying to make any kind of "statement" with my used $250 Glock in my $40 holster.. :facepalm:

• Like 2

What good are those when you're already being attacked? The problem with open carry is that your cards are LITERALLY on the table for everyone to see. Heck, what's to stop some bad guy from seeing someone OCing, walking up to them, and putting a bullet in the back of their head so they can grab that shiny new gun out of the holster??

Nothing.

I support the right to OC... but unless you're a cop in uniform, it's very stupid to do.

Really? use the right holster for the job and you are fine. Buy a retention holster and learn to use it. I bet you will draw quicker than trying to uncover your concealed holster. You repeatedly respond like an anti on situations you know nothing about.

• Like 3