Eugene40

In Need Of An Nra Instructor

Good morning all. A new member here. I would like to introduce myself and right off the bet ask for help.

I am applying for a carry permit and, as a part of the package, my police department is asking for a letter from an NRA instructor, attesting that I am proficient with handling of a handgun.

I live in Bergen County. Can you please point me to a right direction here?

P.S. I am familiar with all the issues regarding the likehood of getting a carry license in this state. Let's just call it a waste of my time and an experiment. I still need an instructor, though...

In return, I promise to post updates. Who knows, it might help someone.

Thanks,

Eugene.

The issue is that you will always have to mark that check box asking if you were ever denied a permit. I wouldn't waste your time. If you want to help, join the NJ2AS and offer and help you can!

Tom - Heard that arguement before when I talked to Scott Bach about my wife applying. And I understand that point of view. But the more I think about it that is pure sheeple.

Shouldn't the number of people that are denied permits be high so it can be shown how many people want them?

Come back and explain or retort.

Tom - Heard that arguement before when I talked to Scott Bach about my wife applying. And I understand that point of view. But the more I think about it that is pure sheeple.

Shouldn't the number of people that are denied permits be high so it can be shown how many people want them?

Come back and explain or retort.

Believe me, i am with you on this, but if he knows nothing about what could happen, he should have the right to make that decision. That is all i am saying.

Thanks, guys. I am familiar with "checking the box" issue and it does not scare me. They can't deny a purchase permit because of that. If they do, I'll go to court. Again, saying that I shouldn't even apply - is counterproductive. Especially, from someone affiliated with NJ2AS, who should be encouraging and helping those people who are willing to spend their time and money to actually try and change something in this state. In my humble opinoin, of course. It's funny that I got the same exact remark from the firearms officer at the police department. Turned out, he was so successful scaring people into not applying that I was the first one in town in ten years. What does that tell you?

P.S. If NJ2AS is willing to offer help with this issue, including the appeal process and a possible law suit - I'll welcome any support. Meanwhile, I am doing it by myself.

Anthony from gun for hire is great. He may be of even greater help since he is one of the few non Leo related or politicly connected people in this state who posses a NJ CCW.

Please keep us posted on your progress as one of my thoughts was exactly as you say. I'm thinking we should all apply in a large group for a CCW permit filed by the same lawyer to show that this state is indeed denying our constitutional rights.

We can call it operation right denied or something. It would show just how much this state goes out of it way to deny a wide spectrum of it's citizens there constitutional rights.

We know the NRA wont step up and lead on a project like this so maybe some other group will.

Maybe we can get a group like NJ2AS or SAF to coordinate this.

• Like 1

Anthony from gun for hire is great. He may be of even greater help since he is one of the few non Leo related or politicly connected people in this state who posses a NJ CCW.

Please keep us posted on your progress as one of my thoughts was exactly as you say. I'm thinking we should all apply in a large group for a CCW permit filed by the same lawyer to show that this state is indeed denying our constitutional rights.

We can call it operation right denied or something. It would show just how much this state goes out of it way to deny a wide spectrum of it's citizens there constitutional rights.

We know the NRA wont step up and lead on a project like this so maybe some other group will.

something to consider??

Especially, from someone affiliated with NJ2AS, who should be encouraging and helping those people who are willing to spend their time and money to actually try and change something in this state.

If this is part of future litigation, I applaud you. That said, dashing yourself into the maw of the NJ meat grinder will do nothing for gun rights in this state. You will be denied at all levels and at all appeals. It will be nothing more than a validation for the entrenched anti-gun mafia. If you look at the SAF litigants and your qualifications are better, then maybe you have a shot. Read more here: http://ia600301.us.a....249720.1.0.pdf

If this is part of future litigation, I applaud you. That said, dashing yourself into the maw of the NJ meat grinder will do nothing for gun rights in this state. You will be denied at all levels and at all appeals. It will be nothing more than a validation for the entrenched anti-gun mafia. If you look at the SAF litigants and your qualifications are better, then maybe you have a shot. Read more here: http://ia600301.us.a....249720.1.0.pdf

I think a couple of hundred people from different backgrounds rather then a few people in unique situations would better show the courts(federal) just how oppressive NJ is towards the second amendment.

I disagree. As far as I am concerned, NOT applying en mass works against us. Because it gives the politicials a reason to say that this is a non-issue and that people don't need to carry handguns in NJ. That the process is perfectly legit, due to the fact that not enough people apply for a permit.

As of my qualifications (btw, I like the irony) I think that they are better than those listed in this lawsuit. Which does not mean a thing in this state. I do not expect to get a permit on the initial application. I am hoping a little that I'll get it on appeal, and even better chance, IMHO, that I'll get it as a result of a lawsuit. In any event, I feel like I need to try, so I can badmouth the gun laws of NJ based on personal experience.

Yes indeed I've herd several times from the Anti gun crowd that the people of NJ are happy with there gun laws.

As the majority dont own guns it really simply does not matter to them as it does not effect them.

Much like people who dont drive dont care about auto insurance rates in the state.

However those of us who do own guns feel very different about how the state treats our second amendment rights.

This might be one way to show that a large segment does not like the laws. As far as the press is concerned a large dump of applications durring an election year would grab headlines in some national media outlets. Although in NY/NJ nobody cares the rest of America does. It could become an election hot button issue on how our national leaders feel on gun rights issues.

So if handled correctly PR wise it could grab some headlines.

Thanks, guys. I am familiar with "checking the box" issue and it does not scare me. They can't deny a purchase permit because of that. If they do, I'll go to court.

It's not purchase permits I'd be concerned about. Literally every application for non-resident licenses to carry ask the same question. Once the box, that you've been denied, is checked, you can pretty well kiss your chances of getting any CCW license good-bye. So you have now given the state of NJ the ability to abbrogate your rights nationwide - not just in this state.

I enjoy my freedom outside the state of NJ and work to change the laws in NJ so I can enjoy that same level of freedom within our borders. Throwing yourselves on the state's sword does nothing for the cause. If you want to demonstrate to the state the interest in the ability to carry, why not just find out how many residents hold non-resident licenses? Mass applications are like lemmings over the cliff.

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Throwing yourselves on the state's sword does nothing for the cause. If you want to demonstrate to the state the interest in the ability to carry, why not just find out how many residents hold non-resident licenses?

My only interest in this case is to obtain a NJ carry permit. No more, no less. I am not doing it for any political purpose, nor I am interested in an out of state license. This is not a political statement in any way, shape of form. I am not asking anyone to apply for anything - everybody makes his/her own decision. The only odd thing - is that neither NRA, nor NJ2AS provide any help for those who go againt the odds here. Not only that, but the gentleman above suggest that I don't even try. But, again, this is not important for the purpose of this thread.

Good morning all. A new member here. I would like to introduce myself and right off the bet ask for help.

I am applying for a carry permit and, as a part of the package, my police department is asking for a letter from an NRA instructor, attesting that I am proficient with handling of a handgun.

I live in Bergen County. Can you please point me to a right direction here?

P.S. I am familiar with all the issues regarding the likehood of getting a carry license in this state. Let's just call it a waste of my time and an experiment. I still need an instructor, though...

In return, I promise to post updates. Who knows, it might help someone.

Thanks,

Eugene.

Hello Eugene,

I can help you. You need an NRA LE instructor who is PTC and NJ DOJ certified. I am.

Anthony

My only interest in this case is to obtain a NJ carry permit. No more, no less. I am not doing it for any political purpose, nor I am interested in an out of state license. This is not a political statement in any way, shape of form. I am not asking anyone to apply for anything - everybody makes his/her own decision. The only odd thing - is that neither NRA, nor NJ2AS provide any help for those who go againt the odds here. Not only that, but the gentleman above suggest that I don't even try. But, again, this is not important for the purpose of this thread.

Eugene, I am a ffl, a board member on NJ2AS, have several NRA certs and had the backing from local police dept, when I went in front of the judge when I applied, he recommended I withdraw my app and said only with several documented threats against me would he even consider granting it. Unless your LE or armored car driver, you will most likely be wasting alot of your time....but good luck if you decide to follow thru with it

Hello Eugene,

I can help you. You need an NRA LE instructor who is PTC and NJ DOJ certified. I am.

Anthony

Thank you. I left you a message earlier at the (888) number above. Please call me at your convinience, so we can get together and get this done.

Eugene.

My only interest in this case is to obtain a NJ carry permit.

Eugene:

Just an overactive curiosity, but what makes you think that you have any possibility of succeeding, where so many other, well qualified people, have failed. What makes your case "special"? Given the anonymity of the board, I would hope for an honest answer. We're not being "sheeple", we're being pragmatists.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Eugene:

Just an overactive curiosity, but what makes you think that you have any possibility of succeeding, where so many other, well qualified people, have failed. What makes your case "special"? Given the anonymity of the board, I would hope for an honest answer. We're not being "sheeple", we're being pragmatists.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I am not calling anybody "sheeple". Everyone has his own life to live. On another note, I'd prefer not to discuss my life story here, especially for the sake of curiosity. Forum anonymity is a tricky concept. Especially in New Jersey. Hope you understand.

I am not calling anybody "sheeple". Everyone has his own life to live. On another note, I'd prefer not to discuss my life story here, especially for the sake of curiosity. Forum anonymity is a tricky concept. Especially in New Jersey. Hope you understand.

I don't think anyone was asking you to spill your life story here, but there must be some reason that makes you feel like you have a chance, and not just doing it to see and knowingly get turned down and then forever have to put down you have been denied. We don't need details, just maybe a subject or area that makes you feel like you may qualify.

I will take care of the pistol qualification and the notarized affidavit for Eugene. Of the 1600 or so private ccw's in the State I handle the majority of their qualifications so I will help with the process as much as I can. It is the letter of need that poses the problem for New Jersey residents. If we had a few pro gun judges here we could see that lighten up in 60 to 70 years.

On one of my radio shows I read a Judges opinion of her denial for a retired assistant District Attorney to carry, she said "in keeping with the restrictive nature of new Jersey's firearms law's I have decided to deny the issuance of the carry permit". Those words have been going around in my head over and over again. We are caught in an ignorant anti-gun viscous circle it seems with no clear way out. All that we do in this State does not seem to even dent the surface.

It's not purchase permits I'd be concerned about. Literally every application for non-resident licenses to carry ask the same question. Once the box, that you've been denied, is checked, you can pretty well kiss your chances of getting any CCW license good-bye. So you have now given the state of NJ the ability to abbrogate your rights nationwide - not just in this state.

JMHO

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Do you know this for fact?

On one of my radio shows I read a Judges opinion of her denial for a retired assistant District Attorney to carry, she said "in keeping with the restrictive nature of new Jersey's firearms law's I have decided to deny the issuance of the carry permit". Those words have been going around in my head over and over again. We are caught in an ignorant anti-gun viscous circle it seems with no clear way out. All that we do in this State does not seem to even dent the surface.

Christ. It's like using some bastardized version of Stare Decisis. "Since we've always hated guns, I'm going to deny you the right to defend yourself so as not to rock the boat, I'm sure you understand."

Christ. It's like using some bastardized version of Stare Decisis. "Since we've always hated guns, I'm going to deny you the right to defend yourself so as not to rock the boat, I'm sure you understand."

It's going to take the Supreme Court to very explicitly and forcefully say that this violates the constitution and must change. Otherwise I think we're out of luck for a generation.

Excuse me, I do know LOW people in High places! LOL