Melgamatic

First Goose

<_<

Why do you have to lay on your back in a cornfield for 3 hours? They're everywhere - just look at the poop in the parking lots of office complexes and local parks :)

Really, down by the lake in my neighborhood you could take a few out with each shot, just follow the Tootsie Rolls, dang flying crap machines.

<_<

Why do you have to lay on your back in a cornfield for 3 hours? They're everywhere - just look at the poop in the parking lots of office complexes and local parks :)

Unfortunately, you aren't allowed to hunt them there. I've been of the opinion we need a sword and bat season for those locations.

Funny story... A guy at my job from India got fired several years ago because he had a thing for eating geese. He was caught on camera several times pulling up to geese with his car (on his way home to work every evening), opening his door and grabbing one by the neck and giving it a good twist to break it's neck... and then drive off to go home. When corporate security caught on to what was happening and reviewed the security camera footage of his goose-jacking's (LOL), they fired him. When they asked him why he was doing this, he told them it was because he like to eat them! With all the green poop those geese were leaving all over the place, you'd think they tell him to keep eating them and take care of the goose population on the company property! LOL! Every time I see a goose, this story pops in my head... :lol:

Went out Saturday morning at 5am to setup decoys and blinds, and had my first ever goose with the first shot I took. Was flat on my back in the cornfield for 3 hours, only took 2 shots, and got this ~18lber with the first shot.

Congrats on the bird! 18 lbs is a biggun!

I have a friend down in Delaware that said they were so bad where he worked and they did not know what to do about them. He told me somebody told them to feed them un-shelled peanuts? Supposedly, they can't get them down and can't spit them out so they choke. Don't know if is for real, just repeating what he said.