So I've lived in NJ my entire life, but when I went off to Gettysburg College in 2008, I registered to vote in Pennsylvania so I could vote in the '08 Presidential Election... Had I stayed in NJ, I would have registered anyway, but I thought my vote might actually matter in a state like PA, so it was extra incentive. Of course, it didn't, and Obama dominated Pennsylvania. Anyway, not the point.

I only spent a year at Gettysburg before transferring to Rutgers, so I've been back in NJ for a while, and I realized the other day that I still haven't changed my registration info. I'm stilled registered to vote in PA, not in NJ.

So my question is, do I have to do something differently since I've never registered in NJ and am currently registered in another state, or do I just fill out a voter registration application (link below) and mail it back?

http://www.state.nj.us/state/elections/form_pdf/09-voter-regis-forms/essex-voter-reg-form-013111-rev..pdf

Might be overcomplicating this... hopefully it's as simple as mailing that form in, but the fact that I'm still registered in PA has me curious as to whether or not this requires any additional steps.

I think that is all you need to do. By the way, if you intend to register to vote in New Brunswick, do it WAY BEFORE any election and verify that you are on the voting rolls in person. That town, the most corrupt I have ever had personal experience with (although I am sure there are worse in Jersey), was notorious for telling college students that they were not registered. Your option was to sit in court for hours to have a judge decide whether to let you vote, or just go home without voting. Many people chose the latter.

If you are not interested in Brumfus politics, stay registered at your folks address. The only down side is you will have to mail your ballot, or travel home on all election days.

I think that is all you need to do. By the way, if you intend to register to vote in New Brunswick, do it WAY BEFORE any election and verify that you are on the voting rolls in person. That town, the most corrupt I have ever had personal experience with (although I am sure there are worse in Jersey), was notorious for telling college students that they were not registered. Your option was to sit in court for hours to have a judge decide whether to let you vote, or just go home without voting. Many people chose the latter.

If you are not interested in Brumfus politics, stay registered at your folks address. The only down side is you will have to mail your ballot, or travel home on all election days.

+1

I've witnessed volunteers showing people who to vote for. I've witnessed irregularities in the voting booths and how they were being operated by the volunteers. The town is corrupt as can be. The FBI knows all about it and from conversations I had with two local agents I can only assume the situation is/was under investigation.

Really? I'm registered in NB... no issues - registered via mail....