Maksim

Uspsa Classification... December Update

Congrats Maks...not easy jumping up a class. I have a feeling I'll be in C for awhile. Luckily you can't go down a class, otherwise I think it'd be more likely that I would go to D than B.

Of course, I really don't practice between matches (don't even dry fire) and the first time I ever shot a pistol was in March of this year. I need to spend some time at Bullethole this winter.

Congrats Maks...not easy jumping up a class. I have a feeling I'll be in C for awhile. Luckily you can't go down a class, otherwise I think it'd be more likely that I would go to D than B.

Of course, I really don't practice between matches (don't even dry fire) and the first time I ever shot a pistol was in March of this year. I need to spend some time at Bullethole this winter.

Getting out of c and into b isn't as hard as it seems. B is a huge PITA. You can screw up pretty bad and it still counts so you do a LOT of dragging your average back down. You're aiming for 75 to get out, and everything down to 55 counts.

Getting out of c and into b isn't as hard as it seems. B is a huge PITA. You can screw up pretty bad and it still counts so you do a LOT of dragging your average back down. You're aiming for 75 to get out, and everything down to 55 counts.

Aint that the truth.

Shot a classifier, limited, based on time, if I hit all my points, was a 78, I had a mike, it was a 55% :facepalm:

My goal for next year is to make Master, although in Reality, will settle for A. =P

Hit my goals for this year to hit B.

Matt, thanks again for all the help. =)

I classified C and I think that is close to my ability. I have been shooting USPSA since May. My goal is to hit B by the end of next year.

That's what I said when I got my c card. I actually practiced and junk. Got my b card like 5 months later. The a card took 6 more years. Like I said the b card isn't that hard. Shooting solid b level at matches is much harder, because you need b level movement, and the classifies are pretty much stand and shoots. If you want the card, a timer, some dry fire practice, and Steve Anderson's refinement and repetition will make a huge difference. He breaks down all the classifier skills into easy to practice chunks. If you want to shoot high b level at a match, it'll take more, but it should improve your shooting foundation.

Aint that the truth.

Shot a classifier, limited, based on time, if I hit all my points, was a 78, I had a mike, it was a 55% :facepalm:

My goal for next year is to make Master, although in Reality, will settle for A. =P

Hit my goals for this year to hit B.

Matt, thanks again for all the help. =)

Get used to that pain. Especially as you get to high b levels if you can't stop caring about match points at the classifier. You'll know you didn't kick butt, sandbag a little to try and not screw your average, and get whacked wit the high 50s/low 60s and need 6 decent performances to erase it. A gives you a lot more freedom if you just feel like getting stage points for the match.

You should have no problem getting a if you don't slack off. Master will take a lot of free time and some regular live fire practice I suspect.

The mental side is just as important as everything else! If you think that certain people are better than you, they are! If you know that you can beat them, you can! Having a strong desire to improve along with a honest practice regiment is all that is needed along with a strong belief that you can do it.

B is the class where I think most people end up that do not really practice properly, if at all. A and M take more dedication and time but are not impossible by any means. GM introduces special challenges that are Unique to GM alone.

It is exciting when you do rank up! It validates the work put in and the improvement shown. Congrats to all that get bumped up!!!

Brian

B is the class where I think most people end up that do not really practice properly, if at all. A and M take more dedication and time but are not impossible by any means. GM introduces special challenges that are Unique to GM alone.

Speaking of which, when are you getting your lazy butt to GM? :icon_e_wink:

The mental side is just as important as everything else! If you think that certain people are better than you, they are! If you know that you can beat them, you can! Having a strong desire to improve along with a honest practice regiment is all that is needed along with a strong belief that you can do it.

It is exciting when you do rank up! It validates the work put in and the improvement shown. Congrats to all that get bumped up!!!

Brian

Sometimes you can know you can beat them all you want, and you will still get your a** kicked. However, you need to believe it is possible to ever progress to the point where you CAN actually beat them. The practice is so that you can be a better shooter than you are. I think the mental part of the game is all about actually delivering the shooting you are currently capable of.

B takes forever to get out of if you don't commit to practice though. It took me 6 years in part because I didn't have the time to practice seriously for more than about he first 6-10 months after getting my card. One of the more painful realities is that B is where you start seeing a divergance between what success means for a classifier, and what success means for the rest of the match. There are a lot of skills not represented in the classifiers that you need to be competitive. The higher up you go, the more you need to excel at all of them.

I agree!

After B, shooting on the move becomes more important. Also stage breakdowns, timing of movers, knowing splits on transitions and second shots, CALLING Shots. (everyone thinks they can call them but they do not demonstrate it). To get out of B is where most shooters demonstrate a good foundation of fundamentals.

I really like the enthusiasm that a lot of forum members have for competition shooting. It actually makes me look forward to getting back out there this year.

Brian