compujas

Holster For Lefty For Uspsa

Any lefties out there that shoot USPSA that can recommend a holster? I know the de facto holster seems to be Blade-Tech, but they don't appear to have their DOH holster for lefties. I have a Blackhawk Serpa Sportster (Paddle only) that I plan to use to get me started, but if I stick with it I plan to upgrade to something better. For right now I plan to use my Glock 22, but I also have a Beretta 92A1 that I may decide to use instead, but I'm still not sure. Any suggestions?

Here's the link to the LH DOH holster for a Glock 22. This is with the Tek-Lok attachment, but can be had with their Stingray belt loop too.

http://www.blade-tech.com/Dropped-Offset-Holster-w-Tek-Lok-pr-1167.html

If you intend to shoot both USPSA & IDPA the drop & offset can't be used for the IDPA. You may want to just get the holster without the DO so that you are consistently drawing from the same position. JMHO.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I only checked under Competition products, no wonder I missed it. Thanks.

And I don't intend to shoot IDPA, but famous last words, right? It looks like the DOH piece is removable though, so couldn't I just remove that if I wanted? I have a feeling that no matter how much research I do to find the right holster, I'm going to wind up just like so many others, with a box of holsters that I don't like.

I think Maks means correct on both counts. You can remove the drop/offset component and, yes, you will end up with a drawerful of holsters :icon_mrgreen:

I took the D/O piece off my holster and new ones are ordered without it. Consistent placement of the firearm on the belt, relative to the hand helps consistent performance - and I need all the help I can get.

Adios,

Pizza Bob