deadeye74

Gun Shopping At Cabelas The Day After Christmas

I was wondering if anyone knows if Cabelas has "day after Christmas" sales, and are they worth checking out? Me and some friends are toying with the idea of making a trip over from NJ to see if they have anything decent on clearance. Their web site does not say anything other than they are open at 7AM which is an hour earlier than their normal opening time.

That being said, if I were to purchase a rifle over there, can I bring it directly back to NJ, or does it have to transfer through a FFL? I am interested in purchasing a Moslin 91/30 and I know they have them in stock.

Thanks in advance!

When you go the the Cabela`s website at the bottom of the page there`s a drop down menu in VISIT OUR STORES>

Choose Hamburg and you ll see the current flyers and promotions.

http://www.cabelas.c...sp?pageName=009

You can also call their gun department and ask if they have Mosin`s and how much they are.

Long guns can be purchased from out of state dealers - Bring some CoE's though I'm sure Cabelas has them.

Not sure about the after-xmas sales yet.

They do, and they are used to dealing with us from the occupied territories.

Here's another question. Is the Moslin 91/30 considered "similar to" the M1 Carbine? I don't see Moslin on the the banned list, but in looking at other threads around the forum I can't help but wonder. Last thing I want is to get this thing home, take it to the range, and end up in hand cuffs.

Here's another question. Is the Moslin 91/30 considered "similar to" the M1 Carbine? I don't see Moslin on the the banned list, but in looking at other threads around the forum I can't help but wonder. Last thing I want is to get this thing home, take it to the range, and end up in hand cuffs.

it's a Bolt-action.. the AWB and evil features only applies to semiautomatic rifles and shotguns.

Mosins are a dime a dozen, you certainly don't have to go to Cabelas to get one, plenty of shops and small FFL's in NJ have them in stock. They typically range from $90 to $150, depending on the specific model and how preserved it is. Mine were $99 a piece and work perfect.

Now, Cabelas is still a cool place to go to, bring your camera, it's like a museum in there!