Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Jimmy Rustler

Will we ever get M1 Garands back from the South Koreans?

i read that we lent over 1 million m1 garands to them back in the 50s and that our recent presidential administrations have been blocking the import of "military weapons" to the country. id imagine if we got a good amount of these imported even if a bunch are only for parts the price for these rifles would hopefully drop.

thoughts?

As long as Oblowme and Hitlery are in charge, NOT A CHANCE IN HELL we'll ever see those Garands and M1 Carbines again stateside. :-(

This issue predates them. GW Bush also could've re-imported the rifles, but did not.

This is one of those things that's been going on since the 1990s and comes up every now and then. You'd be a fool to expect things to change any time soon.

• Like 1

The issue is not one of the POTUS blocking the importation as much as it is the Koreans wanting to make money. The US position is that the Garands were loaned to them and if the Koreans want to get rid of them the only recourse is to give them back to DoD as Greece, Denmark, and other countries have done. These ultimately would wind up at CMP for sale.

The ROKs position is that these rifles were given to them and as such they are entitled to sell them on the open market.

As long as Oblowme and Hitlery are in charge, NOT A CHANCE IN HELL we'll ever see those Garands and M1 Carbines again stateside. :-(

Your reactive response to this question is cute, and I'm sure all the Jewish people agree with you that Hillary is as bad as Hitler, but maybe know something about a topic before responding?

The issue is not one of the POTUS blocking the importation as much as it is the Koreans wanting to make money. The US position is that the Garands were loaned to them and if the Koreans want to get rid of them the only recourse is to give them back to DoD as Greece, Denmark, and other countries have done. These ultimately would wind up at CMP for sale.

The ROKs position is that these rifles were given to them and as such they are entitled to sell them on the open market.

+1

This was the explanation I was given when I was at CMP last year

Service grade rifles from the CMP are $895, including a nice hard case. How much cheaper do you want them to be?

compare the $900 Garand to the modern rifles today, thats my problem with them costing so much

wait a couple months, they will have normal service grades come back out and the price should be in the 600's

bingo. id honestly say if they came down to around 500/600 id def like to pick one up

I wonder if we are ever gonna see mosin-like prices for these garands.

while i wouldnt complain i highly doubt that ever happening. there were over 15 million Mosins made meanwhile only around 6 million Garands were made, not to mention the Garand is built more by American companies and costs more to manufacture

while i wouldnt complain i highly doubt that ever happening. there were over 15 million Mosins made meanwhile only around 6 million Garands were made, not to mention the Garand is built more by American companies and costs more to manufacture

Try 50 million

Garands are also semi auto, you're always going to get more for semi's than bolt actions.

I wonder if we are ever gonna see mosin-like prices for these garands.

As the supply of M1s goes down, which is inevitable, the prices will go up. I read somewhere on the CMP forums that the supply of M1s will be gone in a few years......prices will really go up in the private market when that happens.....

compare the $900 Garand to the modern rifles today, thats my problem with them costing so much

bingo. id honestly say if they came down to around 500/600 id def like to pick one up

I would take my 50's or 40's Garand against a modern day rifle all day long and be happy...

At $ 895.00 they are still a steal and are rifles that were made when RIFLES WERE RIFLES....NOT knocking the AR or other crowd...BUT if I had a cartridge and a gun I had to stake my LIFE and FAMILY life on it would be the M1 or M1A(M14)....just saying...