Underdog

Puppy or young dog wanted

If you go to adopt a dog, beware the Pet Nazi's. These are the rescue groups that are (IMO) borderline insane. They have ridiculous requirements, in home interviews, they want to analyze your yard and whether you are home often enough and in some cases they want to charge you an arm and a leg for their services. That said, sometimes the "large fees" which are conspicuously posted are there to frighten off a casual pet owner, and in some cases, the fees can be lowered or even waived. My cousin is trying to rescue a border collie or australian shepherd, he had a BC before, knows what he's in for and wants to get a dog that can do agility training, courses, and competition. You wouldn't believe the hoops that they're trying to make him jump through. He's not taking kindly to any of it. In fact, he's going to tell the next group that pisses him off that he's just going to go to a pro breeder and get the pup he wants, just to see their reaction.

If you go to adopt a dog, beware the Pet Nazi's. These are the rescue groups that are (IMO) borderline insane. They have ridiculous requirements, in home interviews, they want to analyze your yard and whether you are home often enough and in some cases they want to charge you an arm and a leg for their services. That said, sometimes the "large fees" which are conspicuously posted are there to frighten off a casual pet owner, and in some cases, the fees can be lowered or even waived. My cousin is trying to rescue a border collie or australian shepherd, he had a BC before, knows what he's in for and wants to get a dog that can do agility training, courses, and competition. You wouldn't believe the hoops that they're trying to make him jump through. He's not taking kindly to any of it. In fact, he's going to tell the next group that pisses him off that he's just going to go to a pro breeder and get the pup he wants, just to see their reaction.

Agreed, they charge a boat load of money, make you have certain requirements, and then complain that they have to many dogs and nobody is adopting.

We looked into it before we bought our boston terrier puppy, it was actually cheaper to buy a new born puppy from a reputable breeder, and have her flown in to newark airport than it was to adopt a local rescue.

ridiculous.

Agreed, they charge a boat load of money, make you have certain requirements, and then complain that they have to many dogs and nobody is adopting.

We looked into it before we bought our boston terrier puppy, it was actually cheaper to buy a new born puppy from a reputable breeder, and have her flown in to newark airport than it was to adopt a local rescue.

ridiculous.

how much was yours if u dont minde me asking and where about did you get it? ill def send the rec if i use them!

I began filling out the 15 page questionaire for one rescue group and it asked a lot of personal and ridiculous questions. I also had to agree that I could not rehome the dog if it didn't work out and/or give to a family member. It also said that the rescue group could retake and reclaim the dog any time it felt that I wasn't owning up to the somewhat ridiculous rules. In the end, I was told that they would not adopt to me until my children were six.

or better yet a boston terrier. great dogs, mine hardly sheds any hair at all... Hell, it doesnt even grow. No hair cuts necessary!

37122_484941661060_581921060_7702431_6840180_n.jpg

Got one too. Excellent breed. I've had big dogs before and they are great, but those little bostons are great. Very low shedding.