jcerillo70

HD Hat Video Cameras ???

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a hat cam so i can video tape my shooting comps this year. But i cant find much. I saw at CJ Steel the other day someone had a small one clipped onto the top of their hat, that i thought was pretty cool. But again, i have yet to find it on the web.

What i did find were

1. The HD sunglasses video camera

> http://www.walmart.com/ip/POV-Action-Video-Cameras-ACG25-4CAC1-High-Definition-Action-Camera-Eyewear-Camo/19336760

2. The rhino lid cam

> http://www.amazon.com/Rhino-Outdoors-Lid-Cam/dp/B0057VX46O

The reviews for the Rhino Lid Cam are great, but they say you have to play with the view angles alot. So maybe their is something better?

The Glasses are just sun glasses, and not shooting glasses. They dont come in my perferred color of yellow lens so it is what it is.

Tachyon Ops HD is smaller, however it can only take 720p @ 30FPS. ContourHD does 1080p @ 30FPS native. You can also do 720p @ 60FPS for "action" shots.

I believe the battery life on the Tachyon is shorter as well, and the battery is not replaceable, like with the ContourHD. If you run out of battery on your contour, you can swap in a spare quickly.

Tachyon Ops HD is smaller, however it can only take 720p @ 30FPS. ContourHD does 1080p @ 30FPS native. You can also do 720p @ 60FPS for "action" shots.

I believe the battery life on the Tachyon is shorter as well, and the battery is not replaceable, like with the ContourHD. If you run out of battery on your contour, you can swap in a spare quickly.

Well you sold me sir :maninlove:

You should sell cars ! lol

Now im doing the research between the Contour HD & the Contour Roam, For an extra $30 on amazon you get

Instant on

waterproof to 1 meter

built in battery

built in tripod mount

flush front lens

Still photo mode

Now i want the instant on recording, But i do also want to interchange batteries...

It also says that for youtube, you cant upload the 60 FPS action shots. I wonder if their is a way around that?

Not sure about the youtube thing, but between the Contour HD 1080p vs the ContourROAM, I personally prefer the ContourHD. Turn-on speed isn't the fastest, but If you're prepared, you can deal with it accordingly.

The ContourROAM does not have interchangeable batteries. You cannot adjust the shooting mode like you can with the HD. If I use the Contour Configure program on my laptop while my HD is plugged in, I can adjust the contrast, brightness, etc. ROAM does not allow for that.

Ok so im ordering

-the Contour HD 1080p model 1300

-

Power-O-Matic VholdR 2350 ContourHD Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery 3.7V 1050Mah

-

Contour Car Charger

--> Now either a 16 or 32 GB micro SD. My Mac doesn't have a SD reader so im guessing that i can use a usb from Cam to usb from Mac for uploading footage?

Yes you can. I would highly recommend a Class10 MicroSD card - this is much better for data transfer.

This battery is a little cheaper - slightly less capacity but 50 mAh is nothing.

http://www.amazon.com/ContourHD-Battery-Lenmar-Replaces-C010410K/dp/B005BHR2AS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322802295&sr=8-3

Yes you can upload right from the camera, or if you have a separate card reader you can use that. I have a card reader from my nikon, because it uses CF and SD, and I generally just use that. You have a Mac so it should have imovie installed already, which is pretty easy to use for editing. Good luck with it.

Yes you can. I would highly recommend a Class10 MicroSD card - this is much better for data transfer.

This battery is a little cheaper - slightly less capacity but 50 mAh is nothing.

http://www.amazon.co...22802295&sr=8-3

Thanks brother!

Now these Class 10 SD cards, Can you recommend one from Amazon. I dont know much about these

I was the one with the tachyon on the brim of my hat.

went with the tachyon for the small size 1in x 2-3/4 and light weight.

has tripod mount that mounted easily to hat brim.

will record for over 4 hrs before needing to be recharged. at steel or uspsa matches you only use 10-15 minutes for the whole day so battery life is not a question for any manufacturer but has the highest bat life of most of them if not all.

purchased micro sd 8gb class 10 card will hold 2 hours of recording.

The video quality is very good as you can see from my vids so far..

i also like the various gun mounts available do not have any of them yet..

I just got the Contour and I'm impressed. Lots of quality/frame rate options as stated above.

Easy to use.

My only gripe with it is it is a bit bigger than some other POV cameras which makes it a little

harder to mount. Side of headset is OK though once you get it adjusted right. I have seen

it mounted to the brim of a hat, but not sure how.

Contour HD vs tachyon ops HD pros and cons for me

Contour HD Pros-

> Interchangeable batteries

> Laser Alignment

> 1080 p 30 fps

>720p 60 fps

>Water resistant

---Cons

Size

Cost of needed accessories

Tachyon ops HD Pros

>Smaller

>Comes with hat clip

>Less expensive

----Cons

>720p @ 30 fps

Heh - if you guys think the ContourHD is big, try looking at the GoPro and the Drift. The GoPro is a brick and the Drift is even bigger and heavier than the Contour.

Some guys here have mounted their Contour UNDER the brim of their hats - you can mount it sideways and turn the lens so it's in the correct aspect. Not sure how they did it though.

The Contour comes with the flat surface mount and the goggle strap mount. If you wear ear muff style ear protection you can stick the flat surface mount right to that, and not worry about buying more accessories. That's what I did, also the Contour mount you showed is almost the same thing as the strap mount that comes with the camera, and can be used the same way. You can also mount the flat mount to the bill of an old cap, some one at one of the recent matches did that.

Ended up with the Tachyon ops HD.

Idk if its because i was under a fluorescent light, but there is a lot of waves in the video. Maybe i need to clean the lens or something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ7NqE8Q3yE&feature=youtu.be