Ok, so my new GF is what I consider VERY liberal. Her ONLY negative as far as I am concerned ;)

Anyway, she is not against gun ownership (shocker) as her father owns many and she knows of mine, but she succumbs to the liberal nonsense of evil black guns being assault rifles, etc.

So the other morning she asks me what kind of gun Mrs. Giffords was shot with in AZ last yr. I told her I believe it was a Glock 19. She said, well, that gun can shoot 30 rounds in 6 seconds and I think those guns should be illegal.

I tried to explain that A0, a Glock 19 would never be illegal in MOST of the country (mag capacity aside) and that you can't accurately shot up a crowd of people with a G19 in 6 seconds.

I told her I have several guns which fucntion in essentially an identical manner and she is more then welcome to try and accuratley fire of 30 rounds in 6 seconds ;)

So far, she hasn't taken me up on it ;) Funny how those liberqals believe EVERYTHING there lying brthren spew at them.

Ah, she's a great girl aside from that, so I am keeping her. AT least she is not against legal gun ownership, lol.

You need to take baby steps with her. Women think by emotion, not logic. You must tread carefully, and go very slowly.

I am slightly luckier than you, as my GF doesn't mind guns themselves, as her father has been an active hunter her whole life. She only minds when I buy new ones!

So the other morning she asks me what kind of gun Mrs. Giffords was shot with in AZ last yr. I told her I believe it was a Glock 19. She said, well, that gun can shoot 30 rounds in 6 seconds and I think those guns should be illegal.

I would have agreed with that speed not being possible until a few years ago. I saw a video of a Federal Air Marshal in CA shoot 11 rds from a G26 in a little over 2 seconds at a holdup man about 20 feet away. He hit with 8 of the 11 rds.

Well, good for you. I will say this, once a girl comes out as being VERY liberal, it's a total boner-killer for me. Idk how you do it. lol. Heck, I have a hard time just talking to Liberals, as far as I'm concerned, if you don't like guns, don't own them, but don't take away my rights.

The easiest thing to do is to take a person with a hugely liberal background out shooting. Because in the back of most people's minds is they at least want to try it once or see something for themselves. The first thing the see is the "Huh? WTF? I thought all those guys were morons, male and morbidly obese?" My NY advertising friends have all (well, both of them anyway) loved shooting clays.

After that everything they hear will at leat be questioned.

BTW though,a nut job in a crowd wouldn't have to be all that accurate.

Well, if you hand it over to someone like Jerry Miculek I bet he could get those shots off, reload, and have 60 rounds in a set of targets before 6 seconds were up. :p

And that brings me to a more serious point: Why do people (gun-fearing liberals especially) worry about the amount of ammunition someone has when it doesn't matter if you can't hit anything? Someone with better training could've done more damage with less ammunition. It always pisses me off when some idiot craps their pants about "OMG HE HAD LIKE 10k ROUNDS WHY WOULD YOU NEED THAT" or "OMG 15k ROUNDS WENT MISSING THAT'S LIKE A BULLET FOR EVERY BABY IN OUR STATE." Thank God they aren't stupid enough to start banning training courses, although I doubt it'll be long before their brains deteriorate enough to think it is a "solution."