blksheep

What about Kel-Tec?

Kel Tec is usually regarded as a sub-par firearm, since they are made cheaply. From what I have read and people I have talked to, I think the PF-9 would make a great carry gun if you put 1-2k rounds of ammo through it without failure. Keltec customer service seems to be very good if you get a dud, though.

• Like 1

Kel Tec is usually regarded as a sub-par firearm, since they are made cheaply. From what I have read and people I have talked to, I think the PF-9 would make a great carry gun if you put 1-2k rounds of ammo through it without failure. Keltec customer service seems to be very good if you get a dud, though.

j0n- As I agree about testing for reliability and most quality firearms are made to last a lifetime, 1-2k rounds out of a Kel Tec may be exactly what the expected life if the pistol is. Just my $.02

I have 700 rounds threw my pf9 I do carry it. I've never had a jam or misfire. It's fairly accurate for what it is 10yd or less. Full mag at slow pace all in head rapid string center mass no fliers I trust it.

I acuse others of being snobs specifically with AR's. Well, I may be guilty of being a pistol snob in this case. I'm sure that Kel Tec is a very serviceable pistol. I certainly meets the price point for an economical defense gun.

I think Keltec may be the most innovative gun maker out there now, and they always price their products for the average buyer. I have liked every gun of theirs I tried. All funtioned without problems. My biggest gripe is how long their products take to get to market.

I had a SUB 2000 a few years back before they became soo popular and sold it. Man now I am regretting that move. Have considered getting another one, but good luck finding them. I had one more permit left and was looking at the PF-9 or another Glock. I just can't help it.

Well, I may be guilty of being a pistol snob in this case.

Wait a minute, wait a minute here - you're a Glock guy and you think that YOU'RE a pistol snob :laugh: You need to get out more.

Oh, wait - it was KenW we were supposed to gang-up on. Nevermind.

Yup

I think Keltec may be the most innovative gun maker out there now, and they always price their products for the average buyer. I have liked every gun of theirs I tried. All funtioned without problems. My biggest gripe is how long their products take to get to market.

I think that crown goes to Taurus, since their guns are actually AVAILABLE. You can say your putting out a KSG or the 308 bull-pup thingy or the PMR 30 but where they?

• Like 1

I think that crown goes to Taurus, since their guns are actually AVAILABLE. You can say your putting out a KSG or the 308 bull-pup thingy or the PMR 30 but where they?

Taurus gets the crown for what? Innovation? I hope I'm misunderstanding you, because aside from the Judge, there is NOTHING innovative about Taurus guns.

Taurus gets the crown for what? Innovation? I hope I'm misunderstanding you, because aside from the Judge, there is NOTHING innovative about Taurus guns.

Um, the 22lr and 22 mag revolver that easy to change. The semi auto pistol carbine. The Rossi (owned by Taurus) ranch hand and judge carbine.

Um, the 22lr and 22 mag revolver that easy to change.

Eh.

The semi auto pistol carbine.

You mean the one they announced at 2011 SHOT and no one ever heard anything about again?

The Rossi (owned by Taurus) ranch hand and judge carbine.

Owned by Taurus, but not actually Taurus :p

The Charter Arms versions doesn't use moon clips, if you really need to have a stupid 9mm revolver!

As far as I know, the 9mm version has never been released. Rumors say sometime in 2012, but considering they were originally announced in 2009 (if I remember correctly), I'm not overly optimistic.

As far as I know, the 9mm version has never been released. Rumors say sometime in 2012, but considering they were originally announced in 2009 (if I remember correctly), I'm not overly optimistic.

The 40 is already released. Dude, WTF is with your fasination with guns that don't exhist?