Sign in to follow this  
mikelets456

Roku and cutting cable

I am ready to do it. I pay $162 per month for cable and I got to start cutting stuff back...I can get FIOS internet for $54.99 and Netflix for $7.99. ROKU has so many choices but live sports is limited. I could get some sports through the antenna and subscribe to MLB.com for $20 and get out of market games but no Phillies.

Before i cut the chord anyone have suggestions or alternatives?

We have Roku and are in the process of 'cutting the cord' as well.

Roku has alot of content, there are even hunting and shooting channels.

Hulu is avaliable on Roku, netflix is a little lame on roku without dvd's as the digi content is a bit weak.

Its totally feasable as you are not missing much and anything that is on TV is online, so you just gotta get wifi on the tv, and transmit to the tv and the whole internet is on TV! Do it!

I was also thinking of doing this. But if I drop cable I still need internet, then phone, then hulu plus or other services, and then I would only save $5 per month. Now if I can cancel the phone and do without the other shows, I can save some cash. I think you would save more by switching to 22lr.

I was also thinking of doing this. But if I drop cable I still need internet, then phone, then hulu plus or other services, and then I would only save $5 per month. Now if I can cancel the phone and do without the other shows, I can save some cash. I think you would save more by switching to 22lr.

Try Skype? It works well, you can get Skype handsets if you like to have a 'real phone' to hold.

We cut Cable TV and Cable phone... Just have Cable Internet.

TheWombat