CageFighter

just applied for (4) PPs...

Just came back from my PD and dropped off my paperwork for (4) PPs. Lets see how long it takes to get it back. I decided to apply BEFORE I start a new job so I dont have to deal with any headaches if they decide to contact employer. I'll keep u posted.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you only use 3? The permits are only good for 90 days, and with OGAM, you won't have the opportunity to use the fourth, unless you get an extension.

I was thinking of doing the same when I got my permits and stopped at 3.

On the other hand, I suppose at $2 it's not a very big investment, and could solve a problem if you screw one up or have a deal fall through or something.

I think my last permits (Pompton Lakes) took only 3 weeks; they're pretty good about the process here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you only use 3? The permits are only good for 90 days, and with OGAM, you won't have the opportunity to use the fourth, unless you get an extension.

On the other hand, I suppose at $2 it's not a very big investment, and could solve a problem if you screw one up or have a deal fall through or something.

I think my last permits (Pompton Lakes) took only 3 weeks; they're pretty good about the process here.

With extension, it would be 6 max then if the town allows. I'm waiting on 3 permits myself.

As Joe said, you can use 6 in 180 days if your town does the extensions like they should. Also you could use more than that if you file for a special exemption for multiple purchases, like if you were a collector or even for competition guns.

To note, you should not be limited in the number of permits you can apply for.

You can file an exemption and take up to 5 guns at one time. Also, the extension is pretty painless. I walk in, hand them over, they put a date and hand them back.