Ray Ray

10mm Auto, what options?

I remember looking at 10mm guns before I got the .45 and didn't find a whole lot, outside the Glock. This Colt Delta Elite is nice looking though, 1911 style if you're into that.

I like the Colt "Delta" too, it just looks as tough as it is.

Current production -

Glock 20/29

EAA Witness (CZ 75 clone)

Kimber (yuck)

S&W 610

S&W Night Guard

Colt Delta Elite

STI Perfect 10 (6" longslide)

Fusion Firearms GI length and longslide.

No longer made, but obtainable and available parts/service

S&W 10XX series (my favorite of all. Most durable). And it's a single stack.

Dan Wesson Razorback, PM10, and CBOB

Other 10mm guns were made but are a pain in the a** to find parts for. My personal opinion is that 10mm is too much for 1911 in Government and Commander length guns. I have never shot a Fusion or STI longslide, but i hear good things.

• Like 1

Current production -

Glock 20/29

EAA Witness

Kimber (yuck)

S&W 610

S&W Night Guard

Colt Delta Elite

STI Perfect 10 (6" longslide)

Fusion Firearms GI length and longslide.

No longer made, but obtainable and available parts/service

S&W 10XX series (my favorite of all. Most durable)

Dan Wesson Razorback, PM10, and CBOB

Other 10mm guns were made but are a pain in the a** to find parts for. My personal opinion is that 10mm is too much for 1911 in Government and Commander length guns. I have never shot a Fusion or STI longslide, but i hear good things.

I want the Smith&Wesson 10xx gun, especially the one Jeremy has.

In case you are interested Ray:

http://smith-wessonf...ce-reduced.html

That is a very rare configuration of 10XX gun (side decocker, like a Sig, FBI model), which makes it very pricey. I would go with a more standard 1006 (full size) or 1066 (commander length). They can both be had for between $600-700.

I was wondering what 10mm handguns are out there other than the obivious GLOCK! I think it might be my next semi-auto, or not. I don't know, but it's a great caliber.

It's almost time to renew my GSSF membership and will look at the G20SF ($491) for my next purchase. Just one problem though, I cannot shoot it at SCFGPA.

It's almost time to renew my GSSF membership and will look at the G20SF ($491) for my next purchase. Just one problem though, I cannot shoot it at SCFGPA.

I am just guessing here, but if the guys at SCFGPA are knowledgeable about 10mm, they will know that factory 10mm ammo these days is downloaded to 40S&W territory. You could show them the specs on the side of the box.

There are only a couple of manufacturers that bring out the real 10mm.

Georgia Arms has some nice warm ammo that is cheap.

Buffalo Bore, Double Tap, and Swamp Fox (especially Swamp Fox) make the real deal 10mm ammo.

I am just guessing here, but if the guys at SCFGPA are knowledgeable about 10mm, they will know that factory 10mm ammo these days is downloaded to 40S&W territory. You could show them the specs on the side of the box.

There are only a couple of manufacturers that bring out the real 10mm.

Georgia Arms has some nice warm ammo that is cheap.

Buffalo Bore, Double Tap, and Swamp Fox (especially Swamp Fox) make the real deal 10mm ammo.

Excellent idea! Duh.

If they're concern is with the power of the loads destroying the backstops perhaps they can restrict full power 10mm ammo by name rather than restricting the firearms. I wanted to attend the next member meeting anyway. I'll gather the specs on the derated ammo.

I want the Smith&Wesson 10xx gun, especially the one Jeremy has.

I would deffinetly go with a SW 10xx series gun. A little on the heavy side, but I am sure that weight helps a lot when shooting full power 10mm rounds. I love this friggin thing.

DSCF4431.jpg

DSCF4449.jpg

• Like 1

I shot bluelinefish's 9mm 4-digit S&W yesterday and I like that platform. Even though it was an old NYC police gun and in DAO the trigger felt like my 686. Very managable. Now, how do I get the one Jeremy has?

edit: I have that same knife in my pocket papi, we ARE like brothers!

• Like 1

Haha yeah I just got it a few weeks ago and absolutley love this knife. Best 25 bucks on a knife. Anyways. From what I read the 10xx series Smith and Wessons can be found with the most common being the 1076. The 1076 is the one the FBI issued for a little bit. The rarest is the 1046, there were only 151 of the bad boys made. Good luck finding one of those things. Heres a list of the 10xx sereis guns and numbers produced I got on another site.

#’s Produced

1046 - 151

1086 - 1,660

1026 - 3,135

1066 - 5,067

1076 - 13,805

1006 - 26,978

Haha yeah I just got it a few weeks ago and absolutley love this knife. Best 25 bucks on a knife. Anyways. From what I read the 10xx series Smith and Wessons can be found with the most common being the 1076. The 1076 is the one the FBI issued for a little bit. The rarest is the 1046, there were only 151 of the bad boys made. Good luck finding one of those things. Heres a list of the 10xx sereis guns and numbers produced I got on another site.

#’s Produced

1046 - 151

1086 - 1,660

1026 - 3,135

1066 - 5,067

1076 - 13,805

1006 - 26,978

what's the difference for each? keep in mind i'm a southpaw so I NEEDS an ambi safety IF it's SA/DA.

The one I have, The 1066 is ambi saftey. Here are the differences. This is from the SW site.

1006- 5" barrel, slide mounted safety/decocker traditional double action

1026- 5" barrel, frame mounted decocker traditional double action

1046- 5" barrel double action only

1066- 4.25" barrel, slide mounted safety/decocker traditional double action

1076- 4.25" barrel, frame mounted decocker traditional double action

1086- 4.25" barrel double action only