Silphidae

Glock 34 Gen4 Warren/Sevingy Sight Questions

Hi Guys,

Bought a G34 Gen4 and it came with the adjustable target sights which I HATE!!!!! Thinking if I'm going to switch out the rear sight to something fixed might as well upgrade while I'm at it.

The Warren/Sevingy websites suggest that I use .245 hight front post for the G34 and a .215 for the G17. When I measure the stock front sight on my G34 it's almost exactly the same height as the stock front sight on the G17 (definitely not .30 difference). Can anyone confirm the .245 is the right height and why they would suggest a higher front post just for a longer slide????

Does anyone have experience with these sights? If I switch I'm going to do both guns to keep my sights consistent and I'd like some input to justify the $$. I always have the option to spend $23 on a glock steel fixed rear and use the saved money for more ammo.

Thanks for the help!

Vinny

I would recommend you call glock and order the stock night sites. They are only $57. Of course, you could also try the trijicon HD's. They are really nice. A buddy has them on his comp 34 and they rock.

I would recommend you call glock and order the stock night sites. They are only $57. Of course, you could also try the trijicon HD's. They are really nice. A buddy has them on his comp 34 and they rock.

I tossed the XS big dot sights on my G-19 but that gun is a HD gun only perfect for what I want the gun for.

The front height is the same for all models. All Glock 9mm with the exception of the 17L have a standard rear sight height of 6.5mm with the 17L bieng 6.1mm.

Checking Warren Tacticals website:

Warren Tactical and Sevigny competition and carry sight sets for 1911, Glock and S&W M&P pistols. All Glock model Warren Tactical and Sevigny sights are designed for a six o'clock hold with the .215 tall front, or to shoot point of aim/point of impact with the .245 tall front sight at 20 yards. The manufacturer recommendation is to use the .245 tall front with the Glock 24, 34, 35, and other long slide guns and the .215 for all other Glock models for a point of aim/point of impact result. Remember that Glocks and M&Ps are production guns, so there could be slight variations in each of them, and point of aim/point of impact is further affected by ammo differences, bullet weight differences, shooter tendencies, etc. The M&P and 1911 sights are designed to shoot point of aim/point of impact. Please note: none of the Warren/Sevigny front sights extend beyond the slide cutout on model 34 or 35 pistols.

Hope this helps.

When I measure the stock front sight on my G34 it's almost exactly the same height as the stock front sight on the G17 (definitely not .30 difference). Can anyone confirm the .245 is the right height and why they would suggest a higher front post just for a longer slide????

Maybe you just typo'd, but the difference is 0.030 inches, or about 3/4 of a millimeter. 0.30 inches would be 7.62 millimeters.

It's a typo, .030. I called glock and they told me that the front sight (4.6mm) and rear sights (6.5mm) are the same on the G17 and G34. I'm still confused why I need a taller front sight with the warren sights and not the stock sights?

If no one has any real world experience with them I guess I'll take a leap of faith and order the .245's and see what happens.

The difference in front sight height will give you a different look. On the taller sights, you get point of aim/point of impact, which means you cover the target with the sights. With the shorter front sight, you'll do a 6 o'clock hold, which means you put the target right on top of the front sight. It's really just a preference thing.

I have them on my 34. I like them, read what blksheep wrote in blue. I think thats right off the site were you get the sights. The front sight is very thin and there is a lot of space on both sides when you have a site picture. It took some time for me to adjust to them.

I have them on my 34. I like them, read what blksheep wrote in blue. I think thats right off the site were you get the sights. The front sight is very thin and there is a lot of space on both sides when you have a site picture. It took some time for me to adjust to them.

Thanks FLHX. Thanks for confirming the .245's give you a similar poa/poi to the stock sights. I still cant figure out why warrens need to be slightly higher when the stocks are the same.

Thanks for everyone's help. I'll place an order soon. Now I need to find a holster that fits the gen 4 since Comp Tac won't have theirs available until late summer per Tiffany at Comp Tac customer service.

"Hi Vincent,

I am told that we can expect this model by the end of this summer. The easiest way to keep track of any new updates that may develop is to sign up for our monthly newsletter to check back on the News section of the website. Thank you for your patience and we hope to have this product ready for you as soon as possible. Have a great day!"

My only experience is with a CompTac holster for the 17 and I really like it. I'm looking for something similar for range/IDPA use. BladeTech can make one to fit the Gen4 but their lead time is 4+ weeks.

I'm looking for something along those lines.

Sighted it in today and I'm really happy. This is 10 shots from 10 yards....while it's not overly impressive it's pretty darn good for me. If I put the bullseye dead center on the front post the poa/poi is dead on. The .245 front post is obviously the right choice for the G34.

post-3162-0-46449300-1328063172_thumb.jpg