Cemeterys Gun Blob

NJ ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AMMO BAN & MORE!

I have to wonder, if people who cross post the same 'who cares, it'll pass anyway' drivel in various gun forums, took the same time and energy to compose a simple email, and emailing to everybody on this commitee, then we just might have enough power in numbers to stop this. We did stop the .50 cal ban remember?

Just sayin'.

of course i care, but i am realistic. I know how my elected officals will vote on this...but sadly i know how the others who greatly outnumber them will vote.

The real question is how Christie will go ...

its like asking me to join the NRA, why bother? they don't care about NJ, quite to the opposite, they are afraid of NJ because they don't want to be involved in our state and it's anti policies....other than to collect our dues, which really makes them no different than the state anyway

of course i care, but i am realistic. I know how my elected officals will vote on this...but sadly i know how the others who greatly outnumber them will vote.

its like asking me to join the NRA, why bother? they don't care about NJ, quite to the opposite, they are afraid of NJ because they don't want to be involved in our state and it's anti policies....other than to collect our dues, which really makes them no different than the state anyway

The NRA only takes on cases they know they can win. Everything else they don't bother with!

OK then............who elected your "Elected Officials" ?

Change it............we have the ability here in NJ.......beat them at the voting booth.

A brief story:

A few back I pulled up to a Post Office to mail a letter....outside was some DA candidate running for local office here and was trying to commandere votes by standing out in front trying to gather a crowd............so I waked up in front of everyone and asked a simple question.......What's you position on the Second Amendment ?.....a hush followed as he took a step back and said " What Second Ammendment" ?

I just laughed and the small crowd dispersed.......Yup, this is New Jersey.......sorry.

I have to wonder, if people who cross post the same 'who cares, it'll pass anyway' drivel in various gun forums, took the same time and energy to compose a simple email, and emailing to everybody on this commitee, then we just might have enough power in numbers to stop this. We did stop the .50 cal ban remember?

Just sayin'.

Nice point. You, me and a couple other guys have made it even that much easier with the contact info and form letters to copy.

Nice point. You, me and a couple other guys have made it even that much easier with the contact info and form letters to copy.

And it can be made even easier by sending an email such as this:

Dear Members of NJ's Assembly Law and Public Safety Commitee,

I wish to have bills A588 and A1013 permenately tabled, and have a solid 'NO' vote, since both of bills are already law under NJCA 2C:39-3.

See line d regarding defaced firearms.

See line f regarding armor percing bullets.

http://nj-statute-in...statute_id=1904

Duplicate legislation is waste of taxpayer money, and the Assembly's time when there are bigger fiscal issues at hand.

Thank you.

Allot of businesses will be affected in New Jersey too. Sporting goods stores, Gun stores, Shooting Ranges etc. all stand to be put out of business by these nonsense bills. It's sickening what our politicians try to do to it's citizens.

Trust me. NJ doesn't care, and would love to drive them away.

Back in 2006, I had to market a certain class of industrial clients. They were classified by the state of NJ. I had a list from 2000 that had about 680 industrial companies on it in this class. I decided to get a revised list - only 140 of these manufactures were still in the state of NJ. They went from 680 companies to 140 in about 6 years. Did NJ see this and decide to make the business climate more pleasant to win them back to the state? No. NJ doesn't give a crap. They don't want them back. If NJ needs money, they'll just keep raising taxes on their citizenss. If there are no jobs, tough ****. They'll just raise the taxes on the people that still do have jobs.

NJ isn't going to miss the firearms business. Hell, Sarco was probably the last to leave. Everybody else was driven off years and even decades ago. NJ would love to shut down gun shops and ranges. They seem to think they can get all the money they need from YOU.

Ha!!! I didn't expect that, and just snickered a bit when I read it. Is that really a question? I would have thought it was a foregone conclusion that he would be happy to sign it.

OK then............who elected your "Elected Officials" ?

Change it............we have the ability here in NJ.......beat them at the voting booth.

A brief story:

A few back I pulled up to a Post Office to mail a letter....outside was some DA candidate running for local office here and was trying to commandere votes by standing out in front trying to gather a crowd............so I waked up in front of everyone and asked a simple question.......What's you position on the Second Amendment ?.....a hush followed as he took a step back and said " What Second Ammendment" ?

I just laughed and the small crowd dispersed.......Yup, this is New Jersey.......sorry.

My reps are all the sussex county that sponser, and write most of the pro rights stuff that never has a chance because of the dems that run the legislature.

Mchose

Chuisano

Oroho

I know they are looking out for my rights, and I know they care, but they are badly outnumbered by those that would seek to restrict, regulate tax and charge.

I can't see where changing how I vote will effect any real change here, other than make it worse. I support my elected officials 100% to the point of helping their campaigns ...

the real question is how Christie will go...

and with that in mind, i have sent letters and emails to his office asking for the state to honor my rights. To allow me the ability to own the rifle 2 of ny grandparents carried in war and allow me to own my families heirlooms... m1 carbines that had to go out of state in the 90's to WV with my brother because of the idiotic assault weapons ban.

I got no reply

Trust me. NJ doesn't care, and would love to drive them away.

Back in 2006, I had to market a certain class of industrial clients. They were classified by the state of NJ. I had a list from 2000 that had about 680 industrial companies on it in this class. I decided to get a revised list - only 140 of these manufactures were still in the state of NJ. They went from 680 companies to 140 in about 6 years. Did NJ see this and decide to make the business climate more pleasant to win them back to the state? No. NJ doesn't give a crap. They don't want them back. If NJ needs money, they'll just keep raising taxes on their citizenss. If there are no jobs, tough ****. They'll just raise the taxes on the people that still do have jobs.

NJ isn't going to miss the firearms business. Hell, Sarco was probably the last to leave. Everybody else was driven off years and even decades ago. NJ would love to shut down gun shops and ranges. They seem to think they can get all the money they need from YOU.

you realze that the NJ supreme court JUST said that constitutional rights CAN BE regulated and DENIED in this state because you can exercise them in a neighboring state right?

You can BET that it won't be long before this "Not in my back yard" law will be used agains gun owners, ranges and stores.

you realze that the NJ supreme court JUST said that constitutional rights CAN BE regulated and DENIED in this state because you can exercise them in a neighboring state right?

You can BET that it won't be long before this "Not in my back yard" law will be used agains gun owners, ranges and stores.

Don't forget, one of the SCOTUS judges who dissented in Heller and McDonald said the same thing about the 2A, he said on CCN that if someone from DC wanted to shoot a gun he/she could easily go to Virginia or Maryland to do so. I think Justice Stevens said this, but I haven't been able to find the video clip.

Don't forget, one of the SCOTUS judges who dissented in Heller and McDonald said the same thing about the 2A, he said on CCN that if someone from DC wanted to shoot a gun he/she could easily go to Virginia or Maryland to do so. I think Justice Stevens said this, but I haven't been able to find the video clip.

I can't help but wonder how much of a minority we really are. All I hear is about people leaving this state in numbers because of taxes and regulations. Seems like the majority who would support people like us have already left because it was easier to move than fight to get politics cleaned up.

I'm stuck here because of family obligations. I have thought of moving to PA or DE, but the family throws a fit when I do. In my opinion, I'm here and I want my rights!

The problems with this (and there are many), is that it is impossible to just go over to PA or DE to buy a pistol just because NJ happens restricts them or makes them difficult to obtain. Just on that one point, a NJ Supreme Court ruling about firearms would have to be invalid..because the NJ Supreme Court cannot invalidate the 1968 GCA by telling citizens they can purchase pistols in the neighboring state.

well, kinda looks like that would be a "backdoor" ban on legal handgun ownership doesn't it? almost like an agenda right?

don't discount the fact that it does...

just sayin that NJ has made a good number of laws that infringe on the second, 4th and other constitutional rights that we as a populus have just accepeted. Depending on where you live, voting is not gonna change that. Where I am? nope...we are not the issue, its the entrenched blue areas that rule over me and you by usurping our rights.

IF CC signs this bill, that will be the end of his political career.

In case you missed it candidate CC is already on the record saying he was in favor for gun control, this was stated by CC on interview with Hannity on FoxNews. IMO Rights and/or Liberties don’t seem to be real high on CC’s agenda, but I hope I’m wrong.

Just sayin'.

I can’t speak for you but I think you are saying you are amazed at the lack of support here…

I’m new here but not new to firearms or watching this battles. I fought as an NRA member against the AWB back in the 80’s when everyone said that would never happen here, we know how that turned out. I spoke to an NRA rep a few months ago about the CCW issue and she basically she the NRA has given up on NJ, that doesn’t mean we have to give up.

I joined NJGF because I thought there would be a little more passion aimed at derailing these types of efforts vs. other forums that aren’t state specific but I guess I’m wrong.

Below are the forum stats:

288,404 Total Posts

3,008 Total Members

z2886 Newest Member

236 Most Online

So to review 7 members currently following this topic out of 3008, sorry but that’s pathetic. A fellow concerned member even writes the rebuttal and all people have to do is cut & paste it into an email and they won’t even do that. It shouldn’t be too much of a mystery why we are losing. End of story....

C'mon..................Christie is as good as an Anti.....IMO.

Didn't he just appoint some left wing gay rights judge last week...............?

Please correct me if I'm wrong, thought I read that some where......Mr. Bruce somtin' or other.

This state has got to get with it............just like the other minoritys........maybe it will take a Sit In or some peaceful Demonstration to get the attention of the country and NJ politicians.......somebody needs to step up here.....IMO.....where is that young man ?

I can’t speak for you but I think you are saying you are amazed at the lack of support here…

I joined NJGF because I thought there would be a little more passion aimed at derailing these types of efforts vs. other forums that aren’t state specific but I guess I’m wrong.

Sometimes I can be amazed. We did stop the .50cal ban, for now.

But the lack of support and who cares never ceases to amaze me, and so far I have not seen any passion to derail anything. But since 2008, this 'IS' the biggest threat we've faced, and I'm trying to stay optimistic.

People in NJ don't fight for anything except marriage equality. If we had just a drop of the energy they have, then that would really be something.

As far as the responses to this thread, I think the reality is that only 1/10 of the members here read the forums on a regular basis, maybe less.

Let me tell you. Once the staffers for the NJ legislature see that they have between 20 and 30 emails about this that they have to read the subject lines of before they delete them, they will know for sure that the next time they plan on passing anti-gun legislation their staffers might have to delete as many as 40 emails if they don't watch their asses!

. I fought as an NRA member against the AWB back in the 80’s when everyone said that would never happen here, we know how that turned out. I spoke to an NRA rep a few months ago about the CCW issue and she basically she the NRA has given up on NJ, that doesn’t mean we have to give up.

If the NRA is not supporting NJ gun owners, then cancel or don't renew the membership. If I lived there and the NRA turned its backs like they have in the past and again now, there is no way in hell I would support them. Perhaps NJ gun owners need to join up with gun owners in other anti states such as Illinois, Massachusetts , New York, Maryland, Hawaii and start your own National Pro 2A group. Call it Coalition for Self Defense, everyone would help each other out in some way or another.

This could be a way to get many people involved because the common theme would be to reform gun laws in anti 2A states and help keep the states from coming up with asinine proposals such as the ammo ban. Right now there are proposals in Illinois to ban certain semi automatic firearms including Glocks. In West Virginia there is proposed legislation for a one gun a month 'rationing'.

Don't think Kentucky is immune either. Some people are being detained or arrested for open carrying despite the law saying otherwise. Unlike other states, people in Kentucky cannot conceal carry in their own house or on their own property without a conceal carry license. If you do have a CCW permit, the state police does monthly NICS checks on CCDW holders. Some see it as a good thing...I have reservations about it frankly.

If the NRA is not supporting NJ gun owners, then cancel or don't renew the membership. If I lived there and the NRA turned its backs like they have in the past and again now, there is no way in hell I would support them. Perhaps NJ gun owners need to join up with gun owners in other anti states such as Illinois, Massachusetts , New York, Maryland, Hawaii and start your own National Pro 2A group. Call it Coalition for Self Defense, everyone would help each other out in some way or another.

This could be a way to get many people involved because the common theme would be to reform gun laws in anti 2A states and help keep the states from coming up with asinine proposals such as the ammo ban. Right now there are proposals in Illinois to ban certain semi automatic firearms including Glocks. In West Virginia there is proposed legislation for a one gun a month proposal.

Currently we have the ANJRPC (State run NRA group), the NJCSD (which I don't know how active they are), and the NJ2AS. Their were a few others, but lack of NJ gun owners interest in doing anything for their rights lead to their demise.......

ANRJCP

yea...now paying the leader 150k...i know where my dues go. If I could go elsewhere to shoot I would at this point.

let me splain this so everyone understands...

THE NRA DON"T GIVE A CRAP ABOUT YOU!

just keep paying them dues.....that is what they are about. NOT NJ gun rights.

NJ is not gonna change anytime soon, and when it does, it will only be for the worse.

I want to leave here so bad i can't even tell you, but I am stuck for over 25 years because of my wife's parents.

This could be a way to get many people involved because the common theme would be to reform gun laws in anti 2A states and help keep the states from coming up with asinine proposals such as the ammo ban. Right now there are proposals in Illinois to ban certain semi automatic firearms including Glocks. In West Virginia there is proposed legislation for a one gun a month 'rationing'.

Don't think Kentucky is immune either. Some people are being detained or arrested for open carrying despite the law saying otherwise. Unlike other states, people in Kentucky cannot conceal carry in their own house or on their own property without a conceal carry license. If you do have a CCW permit, the state police does monthly NICS checks on CCDW holders. Some see it as a good thing...I have reservations about it frankly.

Unfortunately for most of us the NRA is the only game in town or at least the best known. I don’t make allot of money but I did write some checks for the NRA several times during the 80’s AWB opposition. After the AWB passed they packed their bags and closed up shop here in NJ so I dropped out. Then within the last 3 - 4 years I wanted to get back into shooting so I rejoined the NRA around that same time. Here in NJ we had a chance here to get CCW and that is why I joined this forum however those efforts were torpedoed by the Anti’s as well. It is unbelievable to me that I have non-residents carry permits but I can’t get one for my home state. I figured this forum would be grass roots and some things might get accomplished here with regards to NJ RKBA but this topic isn’t getting any traction so if the members can't even send a prefab email why should they care about anything else?

I contacted the NRA about the CCW issues a few times and my last emails were not answered however they keep sending me NRA-ILA donations requests and now membership renewals.. I have mixed feelings about dropping them but if they can't even return a simply email or call why bother keeping up my membership. If I want a cheesy pen knife I’ll go to Harbor Freight. One could argue it is for the greater good, like yourself you don't even live here and you have done more then the other 2900 members (giving the rest the benfit of doubt). Anyway the NRA walked out of us. One of three things is going to happen. The desired result where any newly proposed gun laws gets shot down, or NJ gun owners will need to move if they want to maintain ownership of their possessions or the state is going to turn all legal gun owners into outlaws with the stroke of a pen. No matter what happens Thank You for your efforts!

Unfortunately for most of us the NRA is the only game in town or at least the best known. I don’t make allot of money but I did write some checks for the NRA several times during the 80’s AWB opposition. After the AWB passed they packed their bags and closed up shop here in NJ so I dropped out. Then within the last 3 - 4 years I wanted to get back into shooting so I rejoined the NRA around that same time. Here in NJ we had a chance here to get CCW and that is why I joined this forum however those efforts were torpedoed by the Anti’s as well. It is unbelievable to me that I have non-residents carry permits but I can’t get one for my home state. I figured this forum would be grass roots and some things might get accomplished here with regards to NJ RKBA but this topic isn’t getting any traction so if the members can't even send a prefab email why should they care about anything else?

I contacted the NRA about the CCW issues a few times and my last emails were not answered however they keep sending me NRA-ILA donations requests and now membership renewals.. I have mixed feelings about dropping them but if they can't even return a simply email or call why bother keeping up my membership. If I want a cheesy pen knife I’ll go to Harbor Freight. One could argue it is for the greater good, like yourself you don't even live here and you have done more then the other 2900 members (giving the rest the benfit of doubt). Anyway the NRA walked out of us. One of three things is going to happen. The desired result where any newly proposed gun laws gets shot down, or NJ gun owners will need to move if they want to maintain ownership of their possessions or the state is going to turn all legal gun owners into outlaws with the stroke of a pen. No matter what happens Thank You for your efforts!

NRA doesn't care about NJ. I haven't renewed my membership.