Cemeterys Gun Blob

NJ ASSEMBLY COMMITTEE TO CONSIDER AMMO BAN & MORE!

Sent.

Dear Members of NJ's Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee,

I thank you for the time and attention to this matter. As a new business owner and employer in NJ, I am deeply bothered by the new waste of our taxpayer dollars, and your attention to such wasteful legislation, when much more urgent and important matters should be of concerns, such as why I should keep my business in NJ instead of moving out of state.

I urge to have bills A588 and A1013 permanently tabled, and have a solid 'NO' vote, since both of bills are already law under NJCA 2C:39-3. Please see lines D and F, regarding defaced firearms and armor piercing bullets.

http://www.oldbridgerifle.com/NJ-gun-law.cfm

Duplicate legislation is a waste of taxpayer dollars and a waste of your time. Instead of creating more political red tape, we should be looking at ways of getting rid of wasteful laws. Spending anymore time on this proposed legislation, and others like it, will make sure that I work as hard as humanly possible to get you voted out.

Thank you.

Your Mercer County GOP Committeeperson.

Here is what I sent them:

Dear members of the New Jersey Assembly Law & Public Safety Committee

I am writing to you today to express my opposition to A588 and A1013 which have been brought for your consideration.

First, both bills cover issues already on the books, with armor piercing handgun ammunition being already illegal on both federal and state levels, and firearm defacement being already a federal and state crime. The Statement attached to A588 is misleading and factually incorrect, the SS190AP is not has never been available for civilian sales, the firearm that uses said ammunition is only available with traditional lead and copper ammunition for civilian sales. Additionally, based on the most recent FBI statistics, no police officer anywhere in the country was every injured through the use of a SS190AP round.

Secondly, both bills are incredibly poorly written, either with the outright intention to mislead or by someone unfamiliar with the subject they are trying to legislate. In A588, the is no standard described for body armor and section b) of the new wording would allow the state AG to determine that ANYTHING down to a school yard spit-wad may pose a threat to the well being of officers. In fact, this law would outright ban ALL rifle ammunition currently on the market as any rifle round will penetrate most body armor, and most rifle ammunition is already considered as being handgun ammunition because someone somewhere has once made a handgun chambered in that caliber. This practice regarding reclassification of rifle ammunition is common at both the federal level and NJ State Police level. In A1013 the problem is with the definition of "defaced", which is very poorly defined under NJ law, where even normal wear to the finish of the firearm can be considered defacement even if the serial number is perfectly readable.

Thirdly, I have a number of moral oppositions to these bills, particularly A588. On one hand you are placing the safety of police officers above the rights of the citizens. Despite the prevailing anti-gun nature of the New Jersey legislature, there are over 1 million gun owners in out State, and the United States Supreme Court has made it quite clear that they are entitled to own firearms for self defense. Effectively A588 would ban all rifle ammunition and remove the rights of law abiding citizens for a perceived increase in the safety of police officers. Of course, criminals being criminals will in no way be affected by this law, as those who plan to shoot a police officer will have no qualms about using any ammunition they desire. I strongly encourage the committee members to read the classic "Animal Farm" and ask themselves if they are creating a system where "all animals are equal, but some are more equal then others" when they place police officers safety above the rights of the voters. The other concern I have is that you placing legislative power in the hands of the executive branch of the government by delegating power that should rest with legislature to the Attorney General.

In closing, I strongly encourage you to table, throw away, or reject both A588 and A1013

Respectfully

My Name Here

I like how ther fiveseven gets all this heat. At $1000 a pop I dont see too many low lifes or gang bangers running around with one. Not to mention ammo for it probably isn't stocked by you're local friendly black market courier.

Its just an excuse. The anti's continually pump forth false reason after reason why NJ needs even MORE gun laws. They must have latched onto the fiveseven, dreamed up a good "pull at your heartstrings" LE saftey BS story, and blasted it at the many anti legislators we have.

Well I sent out an email. Not expecting much, but I really am trying to be active more politically

Then go down there and bang on their doors. Get in their faces. That's that the other side does. At least day a year if nothing more. That shouldn't be impossible.

Heck, there are probably unemployed peopl on this forum that could go down there. Offer to pay for their gas and tolls.

I love the people bagging on ANJRPC, claiming they haven't done anything. Are you aware that they have 2 good lawsuits working their way through the Federal courts as we speak? Our carry case, Muller vs Maenza, is likely to be the first clean case to make it to SCOTUS and will likely be argued by Alan Gura when it gets there. The other is the OGAM challenge, which I'm not sure is destined for SCOTUS, but has the potential to be game changing for us. But I guess that's "nothing" to you guys because we still have draconian gun laws right now.

We lost our rights a little at a time, and it will take a lot of time and a lot of money to get them back. You don't like the NRA or ANJRPC? Fine. Are you a member of SAF? What about NJ2AS? Are you sending them the same money you would've sent to the NRA as membership fees as donations to their legal funds? If you aren't doing anything, we're just dragging your asses on our coattails. I'm a life member of the NRA and SAF. I'm an annual member of ANJRPC and NJ2AS. I throw a couple bucks to SAF's legal fund now and then and I'm going to throw a few at NJ2AS too. I always call and send typed letters to my reps to let them know that I am pro-rights and that I expect them to be as well. If all you are doing is bitching on an online forum, then you are right and a self-fulfilling profecy will come to fruition, and nothing will ever change.

I learned something interesting this past election. Public workers unions in NJ have always been viewed as this super voting block, and that they alone decided who got elected in NJ, and their membership is in the 400,000 range. Then some Democrats voted for some bills that they didn't like and they vowed to oppose those politicians, including high ranking Democrats like Steve Sweeney. Then the election came, and all those Democrats were voted back in. Think about that. The most powerful voting block in NJ couldn't vote out a single representative. And gun owners outnumber them 2 to 1. Imagine if we did more than just concede defeat in an online forum and actually contacted our representatives to voice our opinions.

Many people on here believe that anti-gunners call the reps and flood them with praise for stupid bills like these. The truth is, most people can't be bothered, and I don't believe that anti-gunners in NJ are that politically active (except Bryan Miller). But since just as many people on our side believe we can't do anything, they don't even try. We need to all get involved, even if we don't get our way this time. Cemetary is right, we did beat back the .50 ban. And we beat back the OGAM attempt twice before a late night, back room deal got it passed. Since then, I believe we have gained momentum and things will change, eventually, for the better.

There will always be anti-gun politicians proposing anti-gun bills. We just need to remain vigilant and vocal in our opposition.

• Like 4

i used to attend the NRA meetings in NJ back int he 90's.......NRA representative Roger Sometin' Or Other.....well dress, well spoken gentlemen......then the SHTF here in NJ and the NRA just looked upon us as NJ being a test case / lost cause.....still to this day.

It's not that they don't care, it's just that they will not spend there monies on a state where people / masses no not care and accept being led around by the nose by their elected libral politicians......being told what, where, when and how every day...............there are just way too many.....libral minorities, libral lawyers which = judges and anti gun people living in this parcel of ground called New Jersey.

The only way to change it here IMO...........is at the voting booth.

I will support ANY organization that will defend this right ANYWHERE in the CONUS....

Exactly. Locally, this stuff is our battle to win or lose. But the NRA's efforts elsewhere have improved the rights of gun owners in many other states. That establishes what I might call an 'improved national average' for the 2nd amendment rights of US citizens and makes the stance taken by the left-dominated NJ legislature much more vulnerable to challenges (that are elevated to the federal level, at least).

'The Right Of The People To Keep And Bear Arms Shall Not Be Infringed"...........so what exactly does this mean ?

IMO:

That on the state level, our elected officials / libral lawyers can accept and reject any definition of the 2A they wish to that suits them...

That they can decide which part of the US Constitution and its ammendments apply to us as they see it...

That the politically appointed have now become the elitist law makers for all that reside here...

And so on and so on...........

Change it at the voting booth.....

I listened online. They postponed the vote until the wording is changed.

Forgive me, but what does that mean and what possible impact does it have on the law as it was originally written.

Forgive me, but what does that mean and what possible impact does it have on the law as it was originally written.

typically means that they'll rewrite the bill to address any issues and concerns before it is passed out of committee. But since this is NJ afterall, they probably noticed that they didn't ban enough, like supersoakers, so they'll take time and find ways to screw us even more.

typically means that they'll rewrite the bill to address any issues and concerns before it is passed out of committee. But since this is NJ afterall, they probably noticed that they didn't ban enough, like supersoakers, so they'll take time and find ways to screw us even more.

I feared as much and not surprised.

To MoisinFan.

On Friday I called everyone on the committee. I could speak to only one, who told me that as a serving police officer he would be voting to pass the bill through committee, but listened, thanked me and said he'd consider it. This was good. I next wrote to them all and received one reply. This person said that before all the calls and emails they were dead set for it, but were now undecided. This is good. I used this as an opportunity to reply to him and also to send a second email to everyone with a different title, where I asked them to consider two brief points.

I think sending emails IS useful and people should be encouraged, not disparaged, for doing so.

G

To MoisinFan.

On Friday I called everyone on the committee. I could speak to only one, who told me that as a serving police officer he would be voting to pass the bill through committee, but listened, thanked me and said he'd consider it. This was good. I next wrote to them all and received one reply. This person said that before all the calls and emails they were dead set for it, but were now undecided. This is good. I used this as an opportunity to reply to him and also to send a second email to everyone with a different title, where I asked them to consider two brief points.

I think sending emails IS useful and people should be encouraged, not disparaged, for doing so.

G

Not too bad.

Maybe this will stifle some of the naysayers. I have to say I'm shocked.

What's the scoop regarding changing the wording?

And how does one listen online?

All I did was google NJ legislation for today's date, and I got to a site that had a place on it to "click to listen". since I'm at work I only listened to the last 15 minutes or so. I think they will change the wording to be more specific as what is banned. Many people pointed out it was to vague and all ammunition could be banned by whim. In the end, they decided to ammend the wording and try to pass it again. I think it is a short term victory but still a victory.

All I did was google NJ legislation for today's date, and I got to a site that had a place on it to "click to listen". since I'm at work I only listened to the last 15 minutes or so. I think they will change the wording to be more specific as what is banned. Many people pointed out it was to vague and all ammunition could be banned by whim. In the end, they decided to ammend the wording and try to pass it again. I think it is a short term victory but still a victory.

guess they fail to grasp that AP ammo is already illegal in NJ...........

You beat me too it.

Crossbows are next.