Sandy

Hi from South Bergen County

Finally! After almost 2 months received my FID and my 3 pistol permits. What to buy , what to buy?

I'm Irish Pete's wife ( in case you didn't tweak on that :) ) My name is Sandy and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and learning from you all.

Going to look at a collection this weekend , a family friend is selling off some stuff. Will probably have a look see , write down what she has , and do some research as well as ask a few questions here.

I have my sights set ( is that an overused pun here ? :) ) on a CX4 .40 , but also am in the market for a pistol . I like my husband's PX4 (have taken some lessons ) , but apparently if I want to go to the range with one to practice, I have to buy one of my own . Or go to the range with Pete which would be great but isn't always easy since we have 3 kids 5 and under. I kind of have to get something in a .40 cal now ( preferably the carbine) since Pete went and bought a .40 cal pistol in anticipation to my aquiring the CX4 ( in the name of economical bulk ammo purchasing) . So now he has one and I do not , yet. And they say women are the impatient ones lol

Always open to suggestions ! Thanks :)

Will do , I will ask her first if she is interested in selling to the public. Tough kind of deal , her husband passed away unexpectedly right as they were ready to enjoy retirement. They had built this collection together over a long period of time. It is going to be hard for her to even open the safe and look at them . They are in So. Jersey . Will keep you posted.

Welcome to the forum from Toms River. I had a CX-4 in .40S&W and it was one of the most accurate, sweetest guns I owned. I sold it in a fit of stupid to consolidate calibers (it was my only remaining .40S&W). I hope to replace it with a CX-4 9mm someday.