Nick T

For those of you without "Glock Hands"

I like SA triggers. I dont like that first LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG pull. I like it the same every time.

Yeah but the cool thing about CZ's and most DA/SA pistols are you can carry/shoot them in a couple different ways, which allows the shooter to decide for themselves.

Decocked, first shot DA, shots thereafter SA. Safety on.

Decocked, first shot DA, shots thereafter SA. Safety off.

Cocked and locked, first shot SA, shots thereafter SA. Safety on.

Cocked and...unlocked, first shot SA, shots thereafter SA. Safety off.

I try to carry and practice with the same type of systems. Although I do have a 1911 and 92FS I relegate them to range toys. I think that the simplier the system, be it HK with the LEM or Glock or Sig DAK users are more consistant with the same trigger pull every time. I have seen users under stress with DA/SA sink the first shot because of that first pull and then be on with the SA pulls. However one would think that the first shot you would want to make count, because you might not get that second. I am not knocking DA/SA or SA I think that they are fine systems, but being a LE Instructor those few seconds with safties and such could be life-threating.

Yeah but the cool thing about CZ's and most DA/SA pistols are you can carry/shoot them in a couple different ways, which allows the shooter to decide for themselves.

Decocked, first shot DA, shots thereafter SA. Safety on.

Decocked, first shot DA, shots thereafter SA. Safety off.

Cocked and locked, first shot SA, shots thereafter SA. Safety on.

Cocked and...unlocked, first shot SA, shots thereafter SA. Safety off.

Eeek. That one is scary in a gun with no grip safety.

Have you looked at the Glock Gen 4 yet? It has a removable backstrap system. The one that comes on the gun is actually smaller then the standard Glock grip. It also changes in my opinion the grip angle slightly. I was never a fan of Glock until the G4's came out. Now I really like them. Reliabilty and comfort from a Glock is a win win situation if you ask me.